Forget Dryer sheets... do you reuse tissues?

Do you save used tissues for later noseblows?

• Yes

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 59.6%

• Total voters
lowflyer said:
So how many times can you use a cloth handkerchief anyway? Three, four, maybe five times? And then what? I suppose in the wash it goes. All stuck together and stuff. Mmmmmm. I think I'll "stick" with a single use of a Kleenex (oops, I mean tissue.)

Snot is water soluble.

Since we're all contributing...blowing your nose multiple times into a kleenex then bunching it up with toilet paper for added bulk to wipe with seems pretty efficient.

reuse? - I can't use just one - got to blow into one and clean up with another.

I use cloth hankies whenever possible. I've had a tissue-phobia since I was a little kid. The way they disolve into pulp when soggy gags me.

When I have a cold I take two hankies per day. One in pocket spare in purse. Usually gets me through anything but the worst cold.

sailor said:
I'm surprised that LBYM crowd have not suggested a "highlander" or "native american Indian" solution: Just blow it on the ground - no need to use very expensive tissues.

I've heard this technique referred to as the "coach's hanky." However, the method that I think is the most impressive was the one that I observed Masai women use on their babes in Kenya: when the baby had a snot-nose, she would literally suck the snot out of the kid's nose and spit it on the ground. Not sure if it qualifies as frugality since there were no convenience stores nearby and using cow dung would probably be less pleasant....

I've started carrying a cloth handkerchief. It does double duty because I can clean my glasses on the end I'm not using for my nose.

It's also softer than wood-pulp tissues on an irritated nose.

Vickifool

Okay, considering that about 40% of voters are of the "reuse" persuasion - yet are dramatically overwhelmed by the single-use voters - I'll bravely step forward and admit to reusing them.

My problem, however, is that no matter how neatly and systematically I fold 3 or 4 tissues into my pocket...after a day of walking around, the virgin ones look just as haggled as the one- and two-use ones that I've stuck back in there. So when it comes time to empty my pockets, I sometimes end up throwing away the whole batch just to be safe, rather than fish out an apparently never-used tissue, only to have to unfold it and discover that there's scant empty real estate left for my next deposit.

I've tried the "put the unused ones in the left pocket, and the used ones in the right", but then I'll invariably forget which is which.

My husband and I split one tissue during meal lately...... :D. That's an improvement.

It's not the money but I'm into "not wasting" non degradable items. He's getting the drift but still spend way more than me. I would use towels for counter tops etc, he prefers napkins. Used to drive me crazy.

Siv said:
My husband and I split one tissue during meal lately...... :D. That's an improvement.
That must really cut down on the grocery bills...

Back
Top Bottom