Frightening Story - Just the Beginning - Swaps

I would have thought that Dow 11,000 in April 2010 already disproves a prediction of Dow 3,000 by mid-late 2010.

Why?

PS - I'm not saying I agree with the prediction.

Technically he still has time to make good on his prediction. But a 70% drop within a ~6 month period is unprecedented, and certainly wouldn't be a vindication of any chart comparison with the 1930s.

Technically he still has time to make good on his prediction. But a 70% drop within a ~6 month period is unprecedented, and certainly wouldn't be a vindication of any chart comparison with the 1930s.

I don't think his levels will be reached and I don't thing the author does either. But, a large drop (20%+?) might be in the cards - we still are in a secular bear market since 2000. His noting it might be more of a cautionary statement.

I don't think his levels will be reached and I don't thing the author does either. But, a large drop (20%+?) might be in the cards - we still are in a secular bear market since 2000. His noting it might be more of a cautionary statement.

Yeah, I guess you're never wrong as long as you just keep changing the forecast.

I will probably going to 100% cash in the summer.

According to Scott Burns, "Sometimes a single statement can be so loaded with import that it just stops you."

The Coming Asset Preference Quake - Registered Investment Advisor

In interview with economist David Ranson:

How can people protect themselves? ... The important thing to remember here, he noted, is that human beings have relied on other stores of value at other times— things like gold, silver, commodities, and real estate. After relying on paper assets for more than a century, he suggests, we may be revising our notions of safe ways to store wealth.
Didn't mention cash but...

Back
Top Bottom