Gas prices....................................

Dawg52

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
What are gas prices in your area? As of this morning, $2.35 for unleaded here in central Mississippi. Dropping like a rock.  :)

In Corpus Christi, TX the price of unleaded was $2.13--some are still $2.29. Ten years ago gas here was $.99 a gal compared to $1.22 in Salem, MA.

Lets see...elections coming...gas prices falling. Who wants to bet that after the election we begin the march upward again?

You think it might have something to do with the end of the summer driving months, Iran not rattleing their swords as much, and the discovery of a large quantity of oil under the Gulf? ::)

Still $2.80 a gallon here in the S.F. North Bay, but that's down from $3.09 three weeks ago.

lets-retire said:
You think it might have something to do with the end of the summer driving months, Iran not rattleing their swords as much, and the discovery of a large quantity of oil under the Gulf? ::)
Nope.

Gasbuddy.com tells me $2.33 in Raleigh. I've noticed the "cheap" gas station on the way to work drops their prices twice a day. I go by in the AM on the way to work, and it has fallen another few cents from the previous day. Then I come home from work and it has fallen another few cents.

$2.74 - $2.81 for 87 octane here in Las Vegas.

Down from a high of about $3.05.

On the news tonight in Revere Mass one station was down to $2.29, in my area about 30 miles north it's down to $2.54

OldMcDonald said:
Lets see...elections coming...gas prices falling. Who wants to bet that after the election we begin the march upward again?

You really think politicians control the price of gasoline?

Crude oil is down from about $78 / barrel to $64 in the past month or so.  Do US politicians also control the global price of oil?  I guess that would make Jimmy Carter about the stupidest person on earth.

As low as $2.13 in S.E. Texas, average seems to be about $2.35.

lets-retire said:

And the IEA revised this year and next year's global consumption downward by 100,000 bbls per day. With no hurricanes (so far - knock on wood) churning into the Gulf and disrupting pipelines and production wells the speculators are now in a selling frenzy. $2.00 a gallon here I think before October.

DOG52 said:
What are gas prices in your area? As of this morning, $2.35 for unleaded here in central Mississippi. Dropping like a rock.  :)

Just got back from the UK where gasoline costs £0.92 per liter. That translates to about $6.60 per gallon. :eek:

3 Yrs to Go said:
You really think politicians control the price of gasoline?

Crude oil is down from about $78 / barrel to $64 in the past month or so. Do US politicians also control the global price of oil? I guess that would make Jimmy Carter about the stupidest person on earth.

They can control the supply, which does control the price (e.g. - releasing emergency reserves etc.)

Jimmy Carter was a Stupid Politican, because he did things to the economy which hurt him in the short run. Increasing the Prime rate to 20% so that inflation would be contained. The Fed learned all it moves from the Fed Chairman that Carter appointed that tamed the inflation of the 70's. He took the tough medicine that the economy needed.

Not a stupid person however. Today we have stupid voters, that elect Politicians that cut taxes and do not cut spending - Just deferring the taxes not eliminating them. This is the Voodoo economics that Bush Sr. described that his Son is now implementing.

if the oil companies are price fixing and manipulating they got to be some of the dumbest price fixers ever.

Leonidas said:
Well, the DOE did release 11 million bbls last year, but nothing since then. How does that affect prices today?

Who said it did? :confused:

$2.99, and that's low.

Cut-Throat said:
Who said it did? :confused:

I thought that was what you were saying here:

Cut-Throat said:
They can control the supply, which does control the price (e.g. - releasing emergency reserves etc.)

Pre-Katrina (first part of Aug '05) the strategic reserve was at an all time high of 700 Mil bbls., of which 11 million where authorized for release in September '05 in response to the supply problems caused by Katrina. It's still down 11 Million bbls and there have been no sales since last September.

Modified to correct myself:

The sales were in September, but the actual release took place over a four month span (figures are in millions of barrels):

Sep 05: 0.5
Oct 05: 6.4
Nov 05: 2.4
Dec O5: 1.7

Cut-Throat said:

The government does not control the supply of oil.

Back
Top Bottom