Got Stagflation??

barbarus

Recycles dryer sheets
Fed Chairman Bernanke is said to be ready to lower rates by possibly a half point. Are you savers ready to do your part by receiving lower interest? Are you purchasers ready to do your part by paying higher prices?

Fixed income? Sunk

The dollar? Torpedoed

Prices? Boosted.

Equities? Saved.... Maybe

Fed Chairman Bernanke is said to be ready to lower rates by possibly a half point. Are you savers ready to do your part by receiving lower interest? Are you purchasers ready to do your part by paying higher prices?

Fixed income? Sunk

The dollar? Torpedoed

Prices? Boosted.

Equities? Saved.... Maybe
-

You know I have never had grits in my life. I just had okra for the first time last year. Boy I need to broaden my horizons.

Ah, what a wonderful time to be the captive beneficiary of privately managed money (60% stocks, 40% bonds, with a few % taken out for commissions!) ...
At least my gold hoard (was an IRA) has done really well in 4 years, and my house was doing well until ... er... a couple years ago. And I have three cats in the house if times get really tough <:)

You know I have never had grits in my life. I just had okra for the first time last year. Boy I need to broaden my horizons.

Man, y'all are definitely not from around here. Don't tell me you didn't have some black eyed peas for New Years day (and cabbage)!

Gabe loves pickled okra. Dang, I havent made grits in a long time!

I suppose having locked in my cash at 6.25% with penfed solves a good part of the problem of dropping short term rates.

Black eyed peas and collard greens. That count?

You have got to watch "Cousin Vinny" with Joe Pesci - the grit thing is really funny. I like fried okra or okra in gumbo but I just cannot handle the slimy stuff. I did have my folding money (cabbage) and my change (Purple Hull Peas). I loves my grits.

Peace

Wow, that didn't take long. Just a few replies from crappy returns to grits..........

Stagflation would seem to mean it's a good time to have money in my I-bonds paying 3.4% above inflation. Assuming the numbers aren't so cooked that what feels like 8% inflation is reported as 2%, anyway.

Stagflation?................ding, ding, ding

Everywhere I look.................

Daily Washington Post Newspaper: 35 to 50 cents (43%)
Marland State Sales tax: 5% to 6% (20%)
Washington subway and bus fares (I dunno... 20% I think)
Local residential electric service .07 to .11 per kwh (57%)
New York tunnell and bridge tolls: $6 to $8 (25%)
gasoline....nevermind, you get the idea.

Back
Top Bottom