Heading under 10,000 on the way!

To paraphrase W2R: DOW 10,000! WHOA!!! :eek:

Buying opportunity folks, buying opportunity.

Wow - can't even get yahoo finance to load.

I just came here to post the exact comment made by FUEGO!! :nonono:

Looks like it is back up now, but slow. And the market has recovered hundreds of points in the last few minutes. The Great Panic of 2:44-2:49 PM 5/6/2010.

Fidelity won't log me in.

When do those circuit breakers kick in?

CatMad3.gif

Dawg - I need some meds pronto.

Wow - the discount to NAV on some of these ETF's looked pretty amazing around 2:45 or so. VTI, for example looks like it was trading 33% off it's opening value this morning, whereas the NAV was probably never down more than ~10%. Intraday 20%+ discounts to NAV. Shoulda coulda woulda bought a truckload full... (this is based on yahoo finance's data, which may be very very wrong!)

Fidelity won't log me in.

When do those circuit breakers kick in?

E*Trade - no problem

After 2:30P there aren't any.

Will see if this is the first time I lose a 6-figure number in a single day. :-(

That's it! I am driving my meager RV to Alaska and stay there until this storm passes, if ever...

Wait! Is this the time I am supposed to buy, buy, buy? Going 90% equities?

Buy Order

Managed to get a buy order in at Fidelity but can't confirm that it has be executed - everything has slowed to a crawl.

E*Trade - no problem

After 2:30P there aren't any.

I have no problem with fidelity now. Just right at the peak of the 5 minute long "crisis", I couldn't get in to fidelity. I recall this happened in the fall of 2008 where we had a huge spike up in the market, some of my ETF's went up 50%+ for a half hour or so, but I couldn't get in to Fidelity to sell. Then things went back to normal around 10 am for a relatively tame remainder of the trading day.

Managed to get a buy order in at Fidelity but can't confirm that it has be executed - everything has slowed to a crawl.

I can't log on at Fidelity. Not that I'm wanting to buy or sell anything. Oh well.......I've got med's in the frig.

Saw video clips of riots in Greece, protesting their gummint's austerity measure. What do Greek citizens want? Going off Euro standard so that they can print more money? When do people learn that gummints do not create wealth ?

Back
Top Bottom