Health Insurance Washington State

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I have to go into the individual market in Washington for health insurance. I know several of you, including Wabmester, have commented on this, but I can't find the topic.

What companies/plans have people used, and do you have any evaluations to share?

Mikey

I was on a Regents Blue Cross Plan. It was great. I think it was around 200/month (late thirties) and even included prescriptions. I needed to use the coverage when on extended vacations and it was not a problem. I'd go purchase insurance again from them in a hearbeat.

I dropped Regence for these guys:

http://www.kpshealthplans.com/

Couldn't be happier with their HSA plan, but they were recently acquired by some Monster Provider, so I'm sure I'll need to reevaluate pretty soon.

Thanks for the info guys.

haha

Mikey,
Costco offers plans through their Executive Membership that may be worth looking at.
I justed reupped my coverage and the Broker told me that Regence has a number of new plans they have just brought to market, especially high deductibles so I would at least get a quote from them.
Blue Cross ONTH apparently has little interest in the Individual market.
Good luck
Nwsteve

Any info on that costco executive coverage for health? All I saw was plans for executive business members.

I 'faked' a small business to get some quotes, for me, wife and baby the quotes ran from 569-705 for a 70/30 plan with a 2500 deductible-70/30 plan with 1000 deductible. Not bad but not super.

Actually Costco has offered health care plans in WA for some time. Just now figuring out how to do in CA and still make it viable.
I have not used personally but have seen their flyers in the stores for quite awhile.
nwsteve

Are these 'group plans' as in everyone is accepted if you're a costco member or are they the usual fill out an application and we wont take you if you've had a sniffle in the last 5 year sort of plans?

Washington has a pretty good system even for individual insurance. If you have been continuously covered for a certain amount of time, or if you are coming off Cobra, or for several other reasons, you do not have to fill out the form.

Prior to year 2000, those conditions did not even apply; it was guaranteed issue. That wrecked the individual insurance market because people would wait until they got sick or pregnant or whatever, and then sign up.

Ha

I've been looking at www.lifewisewa.com individual plans.  When I checked into the Costco plans it was for a small business and required at least one non-related employee.  I'm looking forward to the new Costco plan making it up to Washington at some point.

Back
Top Bottom