Hi -- new member saying hello

QMAN

Dryer sheet wannabe
Just joined. I am 53 years old, married with two kids in college. Looking to be financially independent by time my kids are out of school (2012). Not clear yet as to whether I retire when I become financially independent, or semi-retire and do something that interests me in line with my personal interests, with money being a secondary consideration. While not an expert, in last ten years I have adopted many of the the principals outlined in the book "The millionaire next door", which I would strongly recommend as a frame of reference in trying to develop a personal financial plan for retirement. Look forward to trying to give good advise in forums. Also hope to make a few friends out there, that I can bounce ideas off, and look to for advise from time to time.

Welcome to the boards. I have found this a good place to "make a few friends, bounce ideas off, and look for advice." I learn things all the time that I didn't even know I wanted to learn :)

Looks like you will have a pleasant predicament in 2012, deciding what to do once you're financially independent. Yay!

Thank you for saying hello. As a new member, might I bother you with what might seem a stupid question -- what does FIRE and LBYM mean ? Thanks

Welcome QMAN from an AZ neighbor.

FIRE Financial Independence Retired Early
LBYM Live Beneath Your Means

Both simple terms for your lifestyle now!

Welcome aboard, you've come to the right place IMO...

Welcome. :greetings10:

I poked my head in 2 1/2 years ago and I'm still here. :LOL:

You can learn about anything here, from investing to horse shoeing.

Back
Top Bottom