How Do I Buy Penny Stocks??

eddieb

Recycles dryer sheets
Hey Guys,
I'm interested in buying Alcar Chemical Group Inc. (AMCG.PK). It is a renewable energy stock. it is currently trading under $1, therefore delisted. Is it possible to buy stocks that are under $1, and if so, how can I go about it? Thanks in advance:D

Most brokers will buy penney stocks for you . Buying penney stocks is like taking your money to Las Vegas and putting it on red .Only do it with fun money !

You can buy it through a discount broker, Schwab, Etrade, etc. MAKE SURE to use limit orders on the buy, or you may be at higher risk for "pump and dump" trading........

As long as it's 1% or less of your net worth, have fun....:)

Hey Guys,
I'm interested in buying Alcar Chemical Group Inc. (AMCG.PK). It is a renewable energy stock. it is currently trading under $1, therefore delisted. Is it possible to buy stocks that are under $1, and if so, how can I go about it? Thanks in advance:D

There's a guy in Nigeria that will tell you about the modalities of buying pennies. Seriously, be very careful. Currently trading under $1 on the pink sheets means nothing -- unless you use a limit order they will sell it to you for whatever they think they can get.

I use Scottrade. This year, my penny play is doing very good. But my NAZ stocks kill me.

Do your own DD and diversify.

Hey Guys,

Eh, why are you buying a stock that has no financials I could find, with no apparent revenue or tangible assets? Trading under $1 has nothing to do with delisting.

Eh, why are you buying a stock that has no financials I could find, with no apparent revenue or tangible assets? Trading under $1 has nothing to do with delisting.

Then what do you think about this one?Hydrogenics Corp.(hygs)

This is a renewable energy company that trades at $1.04 currently.

They just recieved a $1.7million order for three fuel cell hybrid midibuses.

95Million market cap, assets 98million, liabilities 30million.

I wanted opinions on the prospects of this stock taking off in a few years given the initiatives being taken about renewable energy sources

More info @ HYGS: Balance Sheet for HYDROGENICS CORP - Yahoo! Finance
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Considering the complaints of (the lack of) corporate ethics, why would anyone want to invest in a company that does not even file statements with the SEC? Talk about 'lack of transparency'! There have been horror stories.

I wanted opinions on the prospects of this stock taking off in a few years given the initiatives being taken about renewable energy sources
Well, you know the automobile industry really took of in the early 1900's. But how would you know to invest in GM or Ford, and not Hupmobile, Packard or Duryea?

-ERD50

The best way to invest in Penny stocks is to take a handfull of money and flush is down the toilet. That way you get the same results right away and you don't have to suffer slowly as you watch them go bankrupt and being delisted one by one. Also you do not have to call your broker and ask to have the wortless garbage removed from your account knowing he thinks you are an idiot. I learned this lesson in my early days of investing, I lost every dollar I put into Penny Stocks.

They just recieved a $1.7million order for three fuel cell hybrid midibuses.

95Million market cap, assets 98million, liabilities 30million.

user_online.gif
progress.gif

Well, HYGS is listed on NASDAQ and the Toronto Stock Exchange so it's probably a real company.

Most brokers will buy penney stocks for you . Buying penney stocks is like taking your money to Las Vegas and putting it on red .Only do it with fun money !

And none of the brokers I know have well (or artificially) endowed wait staff who bring you "free" drinks :rant:

Considering the complaints of (the lack of) corporate ethics, why would anyone want to invest in a company that does not even file statements with the SEC? Talk about 'lack of transparency'! There have been horror stories.

Well, you know the automobile industry really took of in the early 1900's. But how would you know to invest in GM or Ford, and not Hupmobile, Packard or Duryea?

-ERD50

You are mistaken.

http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/quotes_sec.asp...

http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?...

and SEDAR (Canadian filing)

http://www.sedar.com/FindCompanyDocument...

Hey Eddie (said the Beeve) are you trying to sell that stock or thinking about buying it?

I was wondering the same thing.

You've got someone here who can find SEC filings, EDGAR information, quotes and balance sheets but cant figure out how to buy a listed stock... ::)

Anyone see that food product they have in Hawaii that looks like Spam sushi? Whats that stuff called again Nords?

Ah yes, here it is. Spam Musubi...

img_586289_0_4116e85945db9f8fdd8d7347ff2a9443.jpg

I was wondering the same thing.

You've got someone here who can find SEC filings, EDGAR information, quotes and balance sheets but cant figure out how to buy a listed stock... ::)

Anyone see that food product they have in Hawaii that looks like Spam sushi? Whats that stuff called again Nords?

Ah yes, here it is. Spam Musubi...

img_586393_0_4116e85945db9f8fdd8d7347ff2a9443.jpg

Actually, i asked the same question about the SEC Filings on the yahoo finance forum, another user posted those links which i Copied and pasted here.
I do not currently own this Stock, just wanted to get advice on it. Here is the link i started on that forum for proof
Yahoo! Message Boards - Hydrogenics Corp. (HYGS) - SEC FILINGS

You are mistaken.

http://www.nasdaq.com/asp/quotes_sec.asp...

http://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?...

and SEDAR (Canadian filing)

http://www.sedar.com/FindCompanyDocument...

From the most recent filing:

Hydrogenics to Streamline Operations and Further Reduce Cost
Reduction of 50 full time positions / $5.2 million of annualized payroll savings
MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO — November 21 st , 2007 — Hydrogenics Corporation (NASDAQ: HYGS; TSX: HYG), today announced that, as a result of its ongoing initiatives to streamline operations and better position itself for fuel cell commercialization opportunities, it has implemented a number of organizational changes that will reduce costs and bring more focus to product development, production and customer service activities.

The Corporation anticipates that the streamlining initiatives will result in a charge against the fourth quarter 2007 results of approximately $3.0 million, or $0.03 per share, reflecting the elimination of 50 full time positions representing $5.2 million of annualized cash savings by the third quarter of 2008. These staff reductions along with the Corporation’s decision on November 8 th , 2007 to windup its test equipment business, will result in a 40% reduction in full time positions from 250 to 150.
A 'growth' industry that is 'streamlining' and cutting costs and jobs? Great. They stole some buzz-words from the MegaCorps - 'focus' and 'better position', etc, etc, etc.

Tip - index funds. Pick a sector if you want to 'gamble'.

If you are trying to pump this stock, I think you will find that exposure to information like the above may be counter to your interests.

-ERD50

A 'growth' industry that is 'streamlining' and cutting costs and jobs? Great. They stole some buzz-words from the MegaCorps - 'focus' and 'better position', etc, etc, etc.

If you are trying to pump this stock, I think you will find that exposure to information like the above may be counter to your interests.

-ERD50

Or if one "were" trying to "pump the stock", one might have the stockholders include such as Citi, Oppenheimer, MorganStanley, some DFA Funds, several Fidelity Funds, John Hancock Funds as shown in the Yahoo Finance info below. Of course, if one had the power to arrange this set of affairs, "pumping" would likely not be on one's list of "need to do's today".

% of Shares Held by All Insider and 5% Owners: 14%% of Shares Held by Institutional & Mutual Fund Owners: 12%% of Float Held by Institutional & Mutual Fund Owners: 14%Number of Institutions Holding Shares: 32
MAJOR DIRECT HOLDERS (FORMS 3 & 4)HolderSharesReportedNo Major Direct Holder info Available for HYGS

TOP INSTITUTIONAL HOLDERSHolderShares% OutValue*ReportedNATCAN INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT INC6,010,8616.55$8,535,42230-Sep-07Sound Energy Partners Inc.1,053,9221.15$1,496,56930-Sep-07TSP Capital Management Group, LLC917,0001.00$1,302,14030-Sep-07Claymore Advisors, LLC456,188.50$647,78630-Sep-07Credit Suisse267,000.29$379,14030-Sep-07RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES CORP248,808.27$353,30730-Sep-07CITIGROUP INC.136,277.15$193,51330-Sep-07OPPENHEIMER & COMPANY INC.100,500.11$142,71030-Sep-07MORGAN STANLEY75,500.08$107,21030-Sep-07P.A.W. CAPITAL PARTNERS43,000.05$61,06030-Sep-07
TOP MUTUAL FUND HOLDERSHolderShares% OutValue*ReportedGuinness Atkinson Fds-Alternative Energy Fd1,325,2801.44$1,696,35830-Jun-07Manning & Napier Small Capital Series Fund601,110.66$769,42030-Jun-07DFA INTERNATIONAL SMALL CAP VALUE PORTFOLIO97,500.11$98,47531-May-07DFA Investment Dimensions-Canadian Small Company Series96,130.10$111,51031-Aug-07John Hancock Trust-International Small Company Tr-18,000.02$23,04030-Jun-07DFA International Core Equity Portfolio10,000.01$10,10031-May-07FIDELITY NASDAQ COMPOSITE INDEX TRACKING STOCK5,218.01$7,40930-Sep-07Old Westbury Global Small Cap Fund5,100.01$6,83431-Jul-07FIDELITY SELECT PORTFOLIOS - ENVIRONMENTAL PORTFOLIO3,300.00$4,68630-Sep-07FIDELITY NASDAQ COMPOSITE INDEX FUND3,294.00$4,67730-Sep-07

Well, if the OP is sincere, he needs to learn how to frame the posts here so they don't look like 'pump/dump'. Like some real info, rather than 'what do you guys think of this xyz stock' - it just comes across as very 'yahoo-ish'.

But my personal advice stands. Share price is not a good indicator of future gains. Diversify. Use 'play' money if you must.

-ERD50

-ERD50

ERD50, Thanks for your responses and recommendation on index funds. I am not trying to pump this stock in any way. check my previous post. I posted this same question on the yahoo finance forum, and what i placed here was a reply that i recieved from another user. Again, thanks for your help

Why not just mail me the money instead of putting into penny stocks? At least one of us will make a profit!

Back
Top Bottom