Votes: 24 21.4%

Votes: 20 17.9%

Votes: 9 8.0%

Votes: 2 1.8%

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • more than 6

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
One in the living room, one in the bedroom and a small one we just added so I can watch the news while on the treadmill.

as usuall I'm being discriminated ::)
There is no option "no TV" to select.
I'm sure () will complain that there is no 7+ TVs either.

3 - we don't watch one of them (sits in guest room) but can't bear getting rid of a working t.v., maybe it's garage sale time, but with HDTV, who will want it?

sailor said:
as usuall I'm being discriminated ::)
There is no option "no TV" to select.
I'm sure () will complain that there is no 7+ TVs either.

Fixed so you can have no TV. I was worried if six was enough, but really.

I have four of them in the house, but we only use two. Two 32" tv's, one downstairs and one upstairs. Also have an old RCA 25" console, which works fine, but we just replaced it over the summer with a new 32", so now it just sits in front of a window, used as a plant shelf. I also have an old 1983 or so Toshiba 19" over at my Grandma's house in her basement, but then I have her old 1982 Zenith 19" stored with a lot of junk in a back room. I dunno why I ended up swapping tv's with her. I think I wanted to hook something up to it, and the Zenith had the right connection and the Toshiba didn't?

Anyway, next time I get a bunch of stuff together to donate, I think I'm going to get rid of these old relics.

What about those of us that watch tv on our computars? :D

We have 4:

1 in the bedroom
1 in the living room
1 in the basement where we exercise
1 in my study so I can listen while I work on the computer.

Note that the TV in the study is a black-and-white that I bought for my first apartment in 1979.  It only gets 2 stations, and you have to move the antenna to get reception.  It's fine for listening to the news in the evening.  So maybe I should just classify that one as a "radio".   :confused:

CJ

Laurence said:
3 - we don't watch one of them (sits in guest room) but can't bear getting rid of a working t.v., maybe it's garage sale time, but with HDTV, who will want it?

You stole my post!!!

Sorry, I miscounted and wrongly voted having more than six TVs

We are the proud owners of six, count 'em, six tvs.  We came by five of them honestly having married in 2000 and craming two mcmansions into one.  Then DS moved in with us two years ago while he is going to college nearby;  he brought another for a grand total of six. 

All of them are CRT based - no LCD, Plasma or large projection screens for us.  We use them all when the kids come; most days we use those in the MBR, kitchen and DS's.  Kill-a-Watt shows 2 watts-or-less standby power when off.

1 in master bedroom
1 in second bedroom
1 in family room
1 in kitchen
1 in screened in porch
1 in DS's game central with his desktop and laptop computers

JohnP

We've got two. Most of the programming is, IMHO, absolute junk.

I do, however, like to watch sports on tv, and dw has her favorites too, so I guess we'll keep them

Based on what I'm hearing in the news, that in a few years only digital will work, I may have to get a new one. OTOH, we have cable, so I'm not sure how that works.

One in master bedroom. -Sony 27 inch-8 years old
One in family room. Pioneeer 57 inch HD- 5 years old
One in play room.- 14 inch Magnavox with built in VCR- 10 years old.
One in exercise area. -Magnavox 25 inch - 15+ years old

500 channels and nothing worth watching. :(
But at least I can see it in HD. Big Whoop!

Don't let them scare you into buying digital if you don't think you need it. If your TV has a video in connector you will be able to use an external tuner. If it only has antenna in then you would have to get an RF converter box, too...or in my case use an old VCR that does have a video in and (analog signal) antenna out.

I put 3 TVs. The 46" DL in the living room, a 25% simple-yet-fairly-recent traditional TV that was on my dresser but now sitting in a moving staging area (no, not moving yet, just lots of wishful thinking) and a portable 1.7" or so Casio TV..old LCD, passive matrix and low resolution. Actually I haven't turned that on in ages and probably shouldn't have counted it. Also have a TV tuner card and HDTV tuner card for the computers that aren't currently installed.

We have one TV, but we never watch it except to play DVDs. I swear, there is nothing to watch since X-FIles went away.

arrete

Good point, and same here. I turn on sports but wind up doing something else while they're on. Most TV activity is movies on DVD. Probably would've been just as happy with an EDTV instead of HDTV.

arrete said:
We have one TV, but we never watch it except to play DVDs.  I swear, there is nothing to watch since X-FIles went away.

arrete

I'm embarassed to admit it in public, but until I just got too damn busy in the last few months, Tuesday nights at 8PM was sacrosanct: gotta watch the "Gilmore Girls"

65" crt set in the bedroom
55" crt set in the spare bedroom
55" LCoS set in the livingroom
110" projector in the living room
32" LCD monitor/tv in the office on the main 'puter
27" set in Gabes room
30" set on mothballs in the storage room other spare bedroom
13" set for setting up tivo's, checking the satellite meters and other portable stuff
10" set for watching sports in the backyard on good days
5" set for travelling

We gave three away when I moved. I'll be replacing that 55" crt set in the spare room when it blows up. Which wont be long.

CHP: So Martha, what else do you want to know? Writing a book or becoming a profilier?

I have 8 tvs because why?... I just do.

73SS454...my problem is Sams Club. The local one is one of the stores that sells their own returns, "last ones" and displays. When I see a tv sitting in the aisle for half price that was taken home, had some 'mystery problem' that was probably user error and they give me a 100% satisfaction guarantee/return anytime policy...its hard not to grab it.

Hardly ever watch "network" tv, but do watch HGTV, FoodTV, Travel channel, History channel, plus various movie channels, if something happens to be on.

Back
Top Bottom