How much do you pay each year in banking fees?

OK, I'll fess up: I use the WellsFargo PMA thing. No fees on anything. No custodial fees, no brokerage fees, no checking fees, no online billpay fees, no ATM fees, no fees on the kids' accounts, no fees. And you get free checks, too.

Gumby, I like your new avatar. We bought our son a teeshirt exactly like that a couple of weeks ago in the Imperial War Museum in England.

Thanks. It is so terribly British, isn't it?

I was born about 1/4 mile from the museum and lived about 800 ft away from it before I came to the States.

Zero. Credit union member. :LOL:
I do pay fees for my mutual funds, average of 0.23% expense ratio across the portfolio (per Morningstar portfolio XRay tool). I have a 3 year Preferred subscription to M*, averages out to about $11 per month. Well worth it. :cool:

Have you tried using your debit card at a grocery store and getting cash back to save on ATM fees while traveling.

Gumby, I like your new avatar. We bought our son a teeshirt exactly like that a couple of weeks ago in the Imperial War Museum in England. they had several such posters like that during WW II. The poster we liked best but they didn't have have a teeshirt with the statement on was "Don't Panic" "Don't Panic".

We had to make a pilgrimage to the Imperial War Museum 10 years ago when we visited London as a family. Our junior in high school son wanted to see an enigma machine (he ended up being a comp sci/math major in college as an undergrad). He tried to talk us into traveling to Bletchley Park, but we did not want to take time away from our theater going. He (son) now lives in London and has been several more times to the War Museum and has also made a long anticipated trip by train to Bletchley Park on his own. I wish we had all gone together long ago...

The Imperial War Museum is the best. Went right after college perhaps I'll get back there. I heard that RAF museum is also excellent anybody been there recently?

We had to make a pilgrimage to the Imperial War Museum 10 years ago when we visited London as a family. Our junior in high school son wanted to see an enigma machine (he ended up being a comp sci/math major in college as an undergrad). He tried to talk us into traveling to Bletchley Park, but we did not want to take time away from our theater going. He (son) now lives in London and has been several more times to the War Museum and has also made a long anticipated trip by train to Bletchley Park on his own. I wish we had all gone together long ago...

I'm envious of your son, I'd really like to see Bletchley Park as well.

Sorry about the thread-jack :angel:

Occasional (domestic) wire costs $30 at my credit union. I try to use ACH for the most part but sometimes wiring is better then extra days spent on ACH...

Zero, because I bank at credit union.

But I was at B of A and saw a placard for various account types which had monthly fees of $9 or $20. The last one was waived if you had a $10k balance.

But I think the big banks make over half their profits from fees.

I pay a total of $0 for banking fees. ATM usage is free with PNC if you keep at least $2500 in the account.

Back
Top Bottom