How much liability insurance do you carry?

Again, you are not insuring those assets. You're just raising the amount of liability required to put them at risk.

Last edited:
From the same carrier or from other carriers?

It is up to the umbrella carrier. I was given a quote for an umbrella from Company B (large ubiquitous carrier) when I had a vehicle insured by Company A. They wanted to see Company A's policy and Company B's quote was contingent on raising the liability limits. Just to simplify things I changed all the policies to Company B.

I'll trade you for Michigan winters.........:LOL:

No thanks, I'd be the one always spinning out the car and causing those 200 car pile ups. And in that case, no amount of ins would cover me...

I have a $2M Geico umbrella @ $333/yr. For having no high risk toys/activities (I have not been employed as a professional athlete in the last 10 years. That was one of the questions :confused:), maybe that rate is a little high, but I just recently insured my cars (including a new 2015 purchase) through Geico for substantially less than what any other company quoted. So, it's all good. Well... it's all INSURANCE... However you may feel about that. ;)
Homeowners is through MetLife.

Back
Top Bottom