Votes: 18 14.1%
  • monthly

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • ah, once in a while

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • no need , brah!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I checked 3 times last year. My portfolio is broadly diversified and passively invested. Why watch your balance when asset class returns are truly beyond your control?
Joe

Every few days. For security purposes as mentioned above, yah, that's the ticket.

jeff2006 said:
Dan the Dimwit Quayle thought it was a good one, too. Gore never claimed to have invented the Internet, except in jest long after that little gem of a factoid was imbedded in the public "wisdom."

Al Gore said:
"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system....a few decades ago, IBM predicted that the total market worldwide for computers would be a few dozen. Those predictions turned out to be wrong."

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/03/09/president.2000/transcript.gore/

http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,18655,00.html

Gore himself tried to make light of his misstep. He didn't exactly retract his claim, but he did offer an excuse for his slip of the tongue.

"I was pretty tired when I made that comment because I had been up very late the night before inventing the camcorder," Gore told the Democratic National Committee on Saturday.

It didn't take long for Gore's supporters to rally. Newsweek contributor Eleanor Clift, who never saw a pro-Gore statement she didn't like, said on the McLaughlin Group, "And by the way, Al Gore did coin the phrase 'information superhighway.' Let's give him credit for that!"

But Clift got it wrong too. It was her own publication that in 1983 predicted fiber-optic technology would lead to an "information superhighway" -- years before Gore ever used the term in public. Publications were using the term "data highway" as far back as 1975, before Gore entered Congress.

I can go for weeks or sometimes months without checking, but often when I check I keep checking daily for a while. I don't do anything about the results, but eventually I quit checking and then a few weeks slip by.

Part of it may be that my balance is low enough that every $5k and $10k milestone are still pretty darn significant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom