ING savins info

Berkshire_Bull

Recycles dryer sheets
I'm having a hard time finding information about the ING savings as far as how many withdrawls you can have in a given month. They seem to be pretty popular so can anyone with an account fill me in? I see that you may not withdraw money until it has been in the account for 5 business days. Does anyone direct deposit their paycheck into ING or is it too big of a hastle?

It is not an ING lmit but instead a limit due to Federal Reserve regulations on the number of withdrawals you can make from savings or money market accounts. The limit is six withdrawals or transfers per statement period, of which no more than three may be made by check. Other withdrawals that are included in the limitation are:
  • transfers and payments made via personal computer
  • transfers and payments initiated by phone
  • payments authorized in advance
  • transfers covering overdrafts

Withdrawals at an ATM or a branch don't count but since ING doesn't have either of these it doesn't matter.

I have multiple ING savings accounts (one for the main savings/part of the emergency fund and then special sub-accounts for stuff like vacation, taxes, insurance, car, etc.) and I have to be careful of how and how many times the money transfers between them or from my crediit union accounts. I don't deposit my pay cheque into ING as I get better rates and stuff from credit union for doing it there. I do have twice monthly automatic transfers from my CU account to ING.

Back
Top Bottom