ING "Your Number" ads.

Yykes, they would have me believe I have a cushion 21.6% above what I need. I really disagree with that!

I chose to retire now with 25 years to go. It looks like they figure a 5.1% withdrawal rate on the first year, I wouldn't call that a SWR.

Couldn't handle the stress - Maria felt like the dental assistant telling me about flossing and William felt like the guidance counselor or the cop in an interrogation room. Going to send them money so they stop asking all those questions! (Will is funny if you don't answer for a while). My my number is bigger than their My Number.

Fireclac gives me a much better "warm fuzzy" :D

.....and their "my number" is much lower than I calculated too.....hmmmmm......does that mean if I
move all of my $$$ to them, that I can get more each year!!?? :cool: ...........or maybe I could live longer......:duh:

I guess they would want to put that extra 21.6% cushion into an Ann*ity. My niece should be very happy with the excess.

I tried it. The "interview" format was excrusicating. Even "quick mode" seemed to raise my blood pressure a few points. I guess this is OK for somebody who has never investigated the subject before.

BTW, the application should have been buffering the video and audio for the next question during the think time for the current question.

I told it that I was 62 and wanted to retire at 62 (actually I'm almost 60 and want to retire at 61). Anyway, it gave me a 4% SWR. I suspect that those who got higher SWR's were not saying that they want to retire immediately. The money is probably given in present-day dollars, and will grow to be much larger by the time you get to the specified retirement age.

I gave it a try, retiring at my current age and giving it an 'until' age 40 years out. The 'number' and annual income corresponded to a safe withdrawal rate of 3.6%

The real variables appear to be the desired income and a period of time retirement is to last. It looks like they use the time period to get an annuitization rate and calculate the needed 'number' from that.

I gave it a try, retiring at my current age and giving it an 'until' age 40 years out. The 'number' and annual income corresponded to a safe withdrawal rate of 3.6%

The real variables appear to be the desired income and a period of time retirement is to last. It looks like they use the time period to get an annuitization rate and calculate the needed 'number' from that.
Hmmm!! Interesting. That makes sense, since I gave it a slightly shorter retirement length. Thanks. :)

What a piece of cr*p. Just think, I could move my VA's to them. :duh:

My number also corresponded to a SWR of 3.6%

Do you think these calculators are calling for 70-80% of your AGI or of your actual gross? You think they would specify because the latter seems far more accurate since the former is including current retirement savings.

My 60 yr retirement objective returned an SWR of 2.86% . . . similar to what I was planning.

Back
Top Bottom