Intuit Cries Uncle (TurboTax Deluxe content restored)

Just got off the phone with an Intuit rep, nice lady. According to her the upgrade from TT Deluxe to Premier can go one of two ways - you can upgrade from Deluxe, pay the $30, and get $25 back later - they will mail you a check after you file. They did that because it could be put into place instantly. Well, almost instantly. The link is https://turbotax.intuit.com/25back.

The other way is simply to wait and the upgrade will happen seamlessly to the user. At least that what she said - we'll see of course. This seamless upgrade is supposed to happen on Feb. 7, five days from now but since that has to come from their IT dept, I suppose there might be a delay or three.

Since I have the return done except for one 1099B I'm going to just wait for the seamless upgrade.

Last edited:
I have gone back and forth between TurboTax and H&R Block Tax Cut for several years. Whichever was cheaper, I bought that one. H&R Block sent me a free copy this year so it was a no-brainer.

I saw in the ads in the Sunday paper that TT Deluxe is on sale for $39.99. The equivalent Tax Cut is $19.99. If H&R Block sticks to this, TT will be gone in a few years.

I have never used anything other than TT. I just threw away some of the programs that came on 3.5" floppies. I'd say I might be close to thirty years a loyal TT user. I bought the premier version this year and then realized the change also impacted schedule C. I don't do a lot of sole proprietor work, but I do enough to file a C-EZ. It appears that I have to use Home and Business to be able to e-file my very simple schedule C. If that's the case, I will be very upset.

At the end of the day, TT blew it. No matter what happens, I will be shopping next year. I may still buy TT, but for the first time in my electronic/computerized life, I will consider something other than TT.

Back
Top Bottom