Is it later than we think?

Gone4Good

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Junk bonds sell with the weakest creditor protection features since 2007

Even with housing starts hovering at their lowest levels on record, Beazer Homes USA Inc. managed to sell bonds this month on terms that allow it to add more debt. The Atlanta-based builder couldn’t even do that when it issued debentures at the height of the housing bubble in 2006 and its credit rating was seven levels higher.
Money managers say they have little choice but to go along. They need to find a home for the record $29.4 billion that has flowed into high-yield bond mutual funds the past 16 months from retail investors seeking to join in a rally that has produced an average 69 percent return since the market bottom in March 2009.
This is the kind of stuff you typically see late in the business cycle. It usually lasts a couple of years before the bottom falls out. But in the past it has taken a lot longer to get here. So does that mean the end could come sooner too?

I think this is more a desperate reach for yield in a yield-starved market than anything.

Which is the underpinning for all credit bubbles.

The time between each major crisis is shortening. Direct result of glossing over problems with extend and pretend policies of the last 2 & 1/2 decades. No surprise here.

Back
Top Bottom