Kiyosaki

What about a global crisis that causes all the beavers to stop giving milk...or...far more horrible...all the beavers to cease to be...

The cheese is just the automatic answer once you understand the problem.

Martha, you simply must not understand the problem, otherwise it'd be obvious to you.

;)

(I'm sorry!)

***** works selling beaver cheese....sorry, still not on the list of banned words ;)...but job and work slips through :p

Martha said:
NO MORE BEAVER CHEESE!
Dory,  please put this in the bad word list.  Pleeease.
Martha, we can use our awesome moderator's powers to add our own words to the banned list.

Go to admin, log in with your password again, then select "Forum Configuration: Edit Censored Words".

You could have a lot of fun with "cute", "fuzzy", and "bunny"...

I was torn between communicating this info privately versus publicly, but I finally decided that leaving TH wondering is worth far more than any advantage from keeping it quiet!

Oooh, had I known you guys had MEETINGS I'd have signed up! :LOL:

Go ahead and censor me, I deserve it.

But then again, I really didnt provide a cohesive argument for the beaver cheese because I didnt think you were really interested and were just trying to win an argument.

a rose, by any other name ...

justin said:
I just checked his performance earlier today - he's still up by ~4% versus the FSTMX Total Market Index (ignoring trading fees for Poyet's portfolio). Of course he's out of the market right now, so we'll see where this ends up.

Thanks Justin to follow. The system is up 7% while the index (NDX) is down 3% over the same period of time. The trading universe of the demonstration portfolio is based on tech stocks so you can compare to NDX or IXIC but nothing else. Of course, we could trade a different universe of stocks (e.g. commodities, etc) but that would be a different demonstration portfolio.

As you've noticed I've stopped posting on this subject as I had little constructive reactions. People stand with their beliefs and it hard to make them think beyond the boundaries they've erected.

The link for those who have lost it is http://cosmosportfolios.blogspot.com/

The method used is described @ http://tradingautomation.blogspot.com/

I've enough money to be relaxed and not to charge for the "service".
Enjoy or ignore, it's up to you.

justin said:
Based on his blog, it looks like he started his model portfolio on December 9th 2005.  Between then and 7/5/2006 when I checked, he was up 7% and FSTMX was up 3%.  Does he have results dating from Dec. 2004 somewhere? 

From his blog:

It will soon be a year since this account started on the 20th of Dec. 2004

poyet said:
Thanks Justin to follow. The system is up 7% while the index (NDX) is down 3% over the same period of time. The trading universe of the demonstration portfolio is based on tech stocks so you can compare to NDX or IXIC but nothing else. Of course, we could trade a different universe of stocks (e.g. commodities, etc) but that would be a different demonstration portfolio.

Welcome back, Poyet.   It looks like the market wasn't kind to your reference portfolio this year.    Do you plan to make any changes to your algorithms based on what you observed, or are you pretty happy with the way it worked?    And, thanks for making the data available for scrutiny.

Hi Wab,

The US tech market was kind of the worse the system could encounter given the trading style used over the period (starting Dec.2004). The system tries to take advantage of large trends be they up or down and to leverage while these trends set up. We had no trend and were whipsawed 3 times ! But we're still afloat, slightly positive.

During the same period the French reference portfolio (trading only French stocks) is up 86% as european markets were trendy (it's in fact a small real portfolio). The problem is that this market is not liquid enough for the method used to put at work large amounts of capital.

But overall, the system did what it was tought and was consistent with the rules enacted (and validated). Not saying it was the best one could do / have done on a tech stok trading universe, but it's a means to trade while controlling risk and sleeping at night.

As North pointed out the motivation is not money. I'll keep up until everybody will know on this planet that trading automation was a revolutionary means of addressing the market, and when everybody will be convinced and use such kind of methods they will cease working :))

Cheers

poyet said:

I guess from an analytical perspective, you have to compare your model portfolio to the tech index. I was comparing your model portfolio's performance to a broad based market index. The former comparison answers the question "can my system beat the benchmark tech index" while the latter comparison answers the question "can the system beat a broadly diversified index that I might actually dump all of my money into".

I'm apparently screwing up by just buying a bunch of good equity funds that pay decent dividends, making tons of money and spending the checks they keep sending me.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
I'm apparently screwing up by just buying a bunch of good equity funds that pay decent dividends, making tons of money and spending the checks they keep sending me.
No, you're just failing to realize your money's full potential.

Kinda like ER'ing is failing to realize your full personal potential and rotting in greener pastures. You waste all your productive time mangling metaphors instead of masticating for money.

Back to work, both of you!

Rats

Given Wall Street's perchant for feeding the ducks and the recent tax cut on divs. - perhaps I should learn to write in Norwegian and have a translated English version.

heh heh heh heh - infomercial and seminars to follow - perhaps tied in with a cruise line - I understand they do that sort of thing.

Back
Top Bottom