Legal Zoom

ferco

Recycles dryer sheets
Planning to set up a single member LLC for a business. Legal Zoom has packages ranging from Economy $99 to Express Gold $359 ( Standard $289).
An attorney here would be $350

Any thoughts or experiences with Legal Zoom for LLC's....pros/cons....versus using an attorney ?

I'm sure one of the attorneys on the board will come along shortly but for a one-time expense with perhaps far reaching consequences I'd be more inclined to go with a local attorney who will be more familiar with state and perhaps local laws.

The difference in price isn't that great especially for a one-time expense. There are good places to economize. My experience is that legal services is not one of them.

Well I guess it varies state by state. But here in Ohio I set up a LLC and did it myself. Just had to pay the filing fee to register with the state. No Lawyer, no fuss, no muss.

Well I guess it varies state by state. But here in Ohio I set up a LLC and did it myself. Just had to pay the filing fee to register with the state. No Lawyer, no fuss, no muss.

Me too- though a different state. Check your state's business licenses. Often, it is a really simple process, and no legal advice needed.

Me too- though a different state. Check your state's business licenses. Often, it is a really simple process, and no legal advice needed.

+1 for WI- should be no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom