Monthly Update from Fund Alarm.........

I don't understand. Is there some topic you are referencing or what? Pointing us to web sites no matter how good they might be, without a specific reference seems like spam to me.

This guy is a CPA who has run this site for 10 years. He viciously attacks waste and poor decision-making in the mutual fund industry.

I find his analysis and insight helpful.

Fair enough, I think lots of us are familiar with the site, which you might preface with a statement similar to your reply. - oh btw his name is Roy.

Fund Alarm is a great site as it makes a simple, visual presentation for folks who do not have the time or ability to do deeper research. I do not always agree with some of the findings, VG Wellsley (VWINX) for instance gets a red rating for 3 & 10 yrs because of the index they compare it to. But I don't really care about that index, I like where Wellsley fits in my 'portfolio' (my wife's, actually) and the sleep at night factor.
But avoiding the worst funds is a good idea and they become visable on the site. Like the earlier responders asked, what are your comments on the site.

I read the FundAlarm Highlights each month to get a deeper understanding of the businesses behind the mutual funds - Originally, I went for the "Alarm" listings as I was trying to figure out the 'investing' game. Roy also has a great list of the No-Alarm Funds that do well at meeting their index or objectives. It sure helped to understand why my broker-recommended funds were such dogs year after year!

Highlights is at http://www.fundalarm.com/hilights.htm

JohnP

Back
Top Bottom