Myers-Briggs and early retirement - the spinoff

INTJ although not too extreme in the NJ part IIRC.

Wasn't INTJ the most popular type for early retirement.

Another INTJ

I took an on line test and found myself wondering how reliable it could be when you are required to give binary answers to questions that are often best answered with "sometimes".

It turns out the the test has been heavily panned: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I found this comment says it all:

"Studies have found that between 39% and 76% of those tested fall into different types upon retesting some weeks or years later".

All I know is that when the HR guy found out I was a INTJ, he said "huh ho, that ain't good"...;)

IIRC, early retirement correlates strongly with 3 MB types: ISTJ, INTJ and INTP.
Yep I think we figured this out a while back. INTP here. Extreme P also.

Audrey

I am also an INTJ, though as I get older I am moving closer to an F than a T (something I found to be very surprising as in the past I had always been solidly T).

I sometimes wonder if forums like this tend to attract us "I" types disproportionately...

lhamo

Very strongly ISTJ. Every form of test I've ever taken tells me the same thing.

DW and I are both ISTJ, every time. Sometimes I'm borderline ESTJ.

I'll put it this way: Most of the time, I'll choose hamburger at home over filet mignon in a restaurant.

INTJ - but maybe we should vote on this so we can see a breakout by type?

Whenever I take the test at work, I'm an ISTP. But at home, I'm an ISFP. So really borderline T and F.

DW and I are both ISTJ, every time. Sometimes I'm borderline ESTJ.

I'll put it this way: Most of the time, I'll choose hamburger at home over filet mignon in a restaurant.
If I'm having filet mignon, I'm definitely having it at home. I find it easy to outdo a restaurant when it comes to steak.

Audrey

ENTJ, and it makes sense there are fewer of us here, as we only comprise 4% of the general population. :D

"ENTJs make up 4% of the general population and 80% of the population of executives." -- Penelope Trunk

I have taken the full Myers Briggs a few times and have always come out either INTJ or INTP, always borderline on the J or P. Amazing the number of INT people on here; on other boards where this is discussed INTJ or INTP is very rare.

INTP according to the quickie test on line...

Found another online test and now I'm INFJ. Hmmmmm. :D

My personality type changed from ENTJ to ENTP on tests I took 10 years apart. Each of the pairs (E/I, J/P etc) are based on a sliding scale. I am very close to the E/I & J/P demarcations so I wouldn't be surprised, if after a few years of ER, I end up being an INTP.

IMO, this is a good tool, but nothing replaces introspection and a constant effort to know oneself better.

Is there a good online (free if possible) M-B test to take?

ISTJ, maybe somebody can create a poll with all 16 choices..

Someone already did. It's an old thread, but the poll still appears to be open. I took the message at the bottom to heart and didn't vote, but what about it Mods? ISTM it makes more sense to have just one poll, even if it is old, than to have duplicate polls on the same question.

I could never remember my MB results and then some conversation like this would pop up and I would go online and take a test. So a while back I took three of them and saved the results: I am ESTP, ENTJ, and/or ENTP depending on the test or my mood at the time. I think I trust the Luscher Color Test more.

I could never remember my MB results and then some conversation like this would pop up and I would go online and take a test. So a while back I took three of them and saved the results: I am ESTP, ENTJ, and/or ENTP depending on the test or my mood at the time. I think I trust the Luscher Color Test more.

Not sure if I took the color test you are referring.... but it was not even close..

The MB snippets are almost spot on for me...

Golly, I am not much of anything according to this online test
Personality test based on Jung - Myers-Briggs typology
A moderately expressed I, but only slightly expressed N, F, and J.
Even my personality is wishy-washy! :LOL:

Edit:
Sheesh. I looked up the explanation for INFJ. What a load of cr@p. While I can see the interest in gathering analyzing statistics of a personality test, attaching this sort of narrative is like astrology.
http://www.keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=3&c=counselor

ISTJ here, although very borderline on the I, S and T! I know in the past when I have done it I have been ENTJ.

ISTJ here, although very borderline on the I, S and T! I know in the past when I have done it I have been ENTJ.
When I first took this close to 20 years ago, I was *extremely* "I" -- I think I had something like 22 points on the "I" side and 3 points on the "E" side. I'm still an I, but it's now a lot closer (something like 14/10 instead of 22/3).

When I first took this close to 20 years ago, I was *extremely* "I" -- I think I had something like 22 points on the "I" side and 3 points on the "E" side. I'm still an I, but it's now a lot closer (something like 14/10 instead of 22/3).

Same thing happened to me over 20 years. I'm sure it was all those years of managing people.

And then my P went from high to extreme. Not sure if I can explain that one.

Audrey

Back
Top Bottom