Naycations

We've been on vacation for over six years now. I suppose there are things in places like New York City that attract people since so many live there, but who wants to put up with crowds, traffic, diesel fumes, and city stink?

We'd rather go someplace like Tyrone, PA. I heard they have a new traffic light, but the white chocolate from the candy store is the best ever.

September: 5 days in San Francisco / CA wine country. Tickets paid with air miles. But lodging will be pretty expensive.

I am not sure if you are trying to minimize the lodging expense, but the Motel 6's in Santa Rosa are cheap and just off the freeway. I prefer staying in Healdsburg, but $55 trumps $110.

We've been on vacation for over six years now. I suppose there are things in places like New York City that attract people since so many live there, but who wants to put up with crowds, traffic, diesel fumes, and city stink?

We'd rather go someplace like Tyrone, PA. I heard they have a new traffic light, but the white chocolate from the candy store is the best ever.

Now that sounds like MY kind of place! :2funny: Frank and I aren't really interested in visiting places with crowds, traffic, diesel fumes, and city stink, either. On our vacations we have a great time wandering through places nobody has ever heard of.

Tyrone seems like a cute little town. We were in Altoona for a couple days back in 2006 and we walked around Tyrone and Hollidaysburg a little as well.

I am Wisconsin freezing while spending a week with my sisters. My parents have already fleed the cold weather. Does this count as a vacation?

Hey, I'm in Wisconsin, are you nearby??

OK, I'll play :)

Hope to get to Canary Islands, Mallorca - perhaps Turkey or Greece. Also, Switzerland for hiking - perhaps Italy.

Will be going back to states in April (Chicago) and either Boston or San Diego in late June - maybe back to SF for some work. Not too hard work, though.

One great thing about being in Germany is how close everything in Europe and just beyond is - no excuses for not traveling around while here.

City Stink? That's my new line of men's fragrance. It's a macho mix of 10-day-old piss marinated by the heat and dust of the NYC Subway. I'm considering adding just a hint of fresh pizza, but doing so could dilute the City Stink Experience.

I'll definitely be taking vacations. It's stupid to work until you're completely burned out. It doesn't do you or your career any good. American employers don't understand that there are people who actually work hard enough to burn themselves out, so any slow down will be interpreted as laziness.

I have (most of) my main vacation booked now for June-July 09 - Amtrak LA up to VancouverBC, 7 day cruise up to Seward Alaska, bus over to Homer, Alaska ferry "Tustumena" down the Aleutians to Dutch Harbor and back to Kodiak, Alaska ferry "Kennicott" to Ketchikan, camp and hike for a few days on a nearby island, then fly home. About 3.5 weeks total. Most of the ferry stops allow enough time to walk around the tiny towns they visit.

Back
Top Bottom