nm

Re: Red Wine Drinkers - Save Money!!!

One of the best red wines I've ever tasted is the Columbia Crest Merlot-Cabernet. It's $7 per bottle on sale and maybe $8-9 off sale. It's as good as any $25-30 wine I've tried. I rarely drink it straight these days though. I usually mix about 15% of this with 85% of Franzia Blush. The Franzia is drinkable and only $8 on sale, $9.50 or so off sale, for the 5-liter box. The blend is great. It's very inexpensive yet has much of the Merlot-Cabernet flavor. I figue it costs me about $0.50 a glass, which is somewhat less than the $4.50-$5 a glass that most restaurants want for equivalent wine.

I've also made my own wines from time to time. The best of these was excellent and the worst was in the hog-dip category. Haven't done much of this lately but plan to get back into it when ER arrives in Sept.

Also make beer from time to time and have had excellent results with a creme porter style that I have worked out as an emulation of Cornish Creme. That worthly brew is world class stuff and only sold in barrels and kegs so it doesn't travel very far. If you want to try it, you simply HAVE to visit Cornwall. It will make the trip worthwhile. :D

Ed_B

Don't Read This

Some luxuries are untouchable but when Sunday's Frappe cost me $2.19 I decided enuf is enuf

one place
I do splurge is on does darn little Frappacinos put out
by Starbucks. I have started buying them in quantity
lately, even though they are pretty expensive on a per
oz. basis.
John Galt
Here is whats really in these beauties.
http://www.copykat.com/asp/copykatrecipe.asp?recipe=38

Regards,
Kiljoy

Back
Top Bottom