Join Early Retirement Today
Old 02-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #61
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Originally Posted by haha View Post
If you had not already given the gift to your grandson, I would contact Amazon. I have never complained to Amazon and not had them give me a refund. They just snatch it back from the sellers bank account. I also sell on Amazon, and am aware that I must pack well, describe well, get it out on time etc or they will grab the payment back from my account, or just grab it before it is deposited.

As to this seller, you might consider just sharing his nasty little message with the Amazon world. I think you have 200 words in which to do so.

I did that and the seller heard from Amazon. The seller is very angry at me because they are telling her to give me my money back. What she probably doesn't realize is that Amazon has both a copy of her advertisement and our exchange of e-mails through the Amazon site. Odds are what really angered Amazon was that her offer of adjustment was conditioned on no feedback and the fact that she implied that I falsified photos. Now I will see what Amazon does with my payment.

If the seller had been smart she would have said something to the effect of "I am sorry, we had several of that toy and you were shipped the wrong one. In light of that I offer an adjustment of $, is that satisfactory?" I might have asked for an additional $5, felt good about the transaction and left an OK or better feedback.

Duck bjorn.
Brat is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2010, 11:16 PM   #62
Full time employment: Posting here.
The most fun I ever had at a dealership was when my boyfriend wanted a new truck. We agreed he would only get one if I approved of the price. He knew the make and model he wanted so we shopped. The first dealership had his truck and he test drove it and loved it. The salesman kept asking for too much money and going to talk to his manager. When he would get back I would say it was too much. He tried to get my boyfriend to be a man and not listen to me, make his own decisions. He was pretty rude and wished I wasn't there. He told him he couldn't get the truck anywhere else they wouldn't have the one he wanted. I still didn't let him buy it so we went to another dealer. He got the exact same truck at a better price. Then the next day the first salesman called to see if he still wanted to buy the truck. I was happy to lose him a commission since he was a jerk.

old woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Shopping with Bubba
Old 02-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #63
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Shopping with Bubba

I went car shopping with my friend Bubba. He selected a car and on the test drive Bubba cut a corner and ran through the flower bed at the dealership.

we went inside to talk "turkey" and the salesman offered us some coffee. Bubba then proceeded to reach across the desk and spill my coffee all over the salesman's desk and onto the salesman.

Negotiations went on and on. I went for a walk. When I came back the sales manager and the closer were in there workin' Bubba. Still no deal after hours. Everyone was exhausted.

We finally left and I asked Bubba why he didn't buy the car. He just smiled and said " Oh, I just wanted to see how low they would go !"

MasterBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote