Not happy with my portfolio performance - What's wrong?

I'm pretty happy with it. I've never done this well. 2 weeks ago, I pulled back into only G fund. I've been sticking my neck out quite a bit this year. I'm not sure when I'll get back in. I'm still behind where I had hoped to be at this point (3 1/2 months away from my 55th birthday).

martyb said:
I'm pretty happy with it. I've never done this well. 2 weeks ago, I pulled back into only G fund. I've been sticking my neck out quite a bit this year. I'm not sure when I'll get back in. I'm still behind where I had hoped to be at this point (3 1/2 months away from my 55th birthday).
Not sure if you want to answer, but do you move all from the other funds into the 'G' fund?
I'm 59, and I am 100% in stock funds in 401(k). My fixed and bond are in other investment spaces.

I was 100% in stock funds as well in my TSP, namely the "S" (small caps) & "C" (S&P 500) funds, before I moved everything to the safety (& very small returns) of the "G" fund. I will have a pension that will cover all living expenses, so feel a little more secure in taking some risk now & then. I'm still too chicken to just "let it ride" all the time, though. Especially in my mid 50's.

A quick look at the charts show that the low for 2011-2012 occurred when? :) :)

So everybody's 12-month return should look pretty decent.

Back
Top Bottom