On a long run Equities pay off

Glanced at the article and saw nothing about staying debt free and living within or below your means. Other than that pretty good advice for folks starting out.

The biggest problem I have seen for people who follow this good advice, is that they lose their job in their 50's, still have huge expenses, and end up nuking their savings in order to survive until SS age begins. Age discrimination is real, laws or no laws.

Thus, I must agree with those who emphasize that LBYM and keeping expenses low is also important. Job loss in one's 50's can nuke a retirement plan very quickly if one is not prepared with a 'Plan B'.

The biggest problem I have seen for people who follow this good advice, is that they lose their job in their 50's, still have huge expenses, and end up nuking their savings in order to survive until SS age begins. Age discrimination is real, laws or no laws.

Thus, I must agree with those who emphasize that LBYM and keeping expenses low is also important. Job loss in one's 50's can nuke a retirement plan very quickly if one is not prepared with a 'Plan B'.

You should be prepared that you will loose a job by the time you are in your 50s.
I don't think being 90% in equities has any relation to that.

Back
Top Bottom