"past performance is no guarantee..."

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Interesting story on misleading MF ads. I never pay attention to them anyway as I assume that they are in some-way misleading. Evidently someone in Congress thinks that ads should not be misleading. What a concept!

Still, the basic disclaimer that emerged from that round of rule-making, the commonly heard refrain, "past performance is no guarantee of future results," may be ineffective, the new study shows. The study of more than 500 business, law and undergraduate students from two universities found the disclaimer made would-be investors no less likely to discount past performance than an ad with no disclaimer at all.

Investors already know there are no guarantees, the study found, so the current label could be taken to mean that strong past performance is a good indicator of future results—just not a promise of it.

Mutual Fund Ads Called Misleading

Chris Dodd? How ironic.........:)

"past performance is no guarantee"

Oh...I thought you were talking about men.......:angel:

Now I remember why I choose to invest in index funds :)

Interesting story on misleading MF ads. I never pay attention to them anyway as I assume that they are in some-way misleading. Evidently someone in Congress thinks that ads should not be misleading. What a concept!

Mutual Fund Ads Called Misleading

They KNOW there are no guarantees, but they would be the FIRST ONES to get some hot shot lawyer that likes publicity to sue for a bazillion dollars for "misleading the public"...........;)

Do you really think mutual fund prospectuses are dreamed up by some college intern? :LOL::LOL:

"past performance is no guarantee"

Oh...I thought you were talking about men.......:angel:

Hah. "Past performance..." Ought to be attached on a tag on every engagement ring offered for sale.

Back
Top Bottom