Peter Schiff

I hate to see the US losing our economic leadership, but always like to have some exposure to international stocks. The only question is where and how much. Thx.

The problem with our Government’s version of economic stimuli is that it encourages the very activity that brought our economy to the brink of financial ruin in the first place. Quite plainly, the goal of all these plans is to give consumers more money to spend. However, excess consumer spending is part of the problem, not part of the solution. After a decade long spending orgy, market forces are finally trying to restrict consumer spending and dampen credit. But the stimulus looks to provide a new source of funds after savings, income, and credit have been exhausted. Our imbalanced economy is in desperate need of retrenchment, but stimulus plans will effectively hold the firemen at bay while throwing gasoline on the flames.

Unfortunately, this guy is starting to make more and more sense everyday.

I agree. At this point everyone needs to focus on their personal finances. The USA world leadership trend is down in wealth, influence, power etc. No need to blame anyone - it just is.

He convinced me to continue buying foreign stocks - like he said in the video - I started too early.

Back
Top Bottom