Picture of the '100% Fixed Income' Investor

This sort of thing worked better for you two years ago, intercst. People are getting weary of the games.

There are a number of people in our community who are sympathetic to your extreme pro-stock views. We benefit from their contributions. There are a number of people in our community who have doubts about your extreme pro-stock views. We benefit from their contributions too.

There is no one right way to invest for early retirement.

*****, lighten up.....

Hmmm - does anyone have a picture of a 100% real estate cat - please not Donald or Leona!

*****,  lighten up.....

Say that there were two groups with different viewpoints who were engaging in back-and-forth banter. In that circumstance, I could view the opening post in this thread as being something done in good fun. That's not the circumstance that applies.

I am not invested 100 percent in fixed-income, MJ. Intercst knows that. It is wrong for him to mislead community members as to my investment strategies and portfolio allocations. He has been asked by many community members to knock off the funny business, and he has refused. Scores of fine posters have left our community as a result. That's not funny. That's sad.

If any other poster tried to pull the stuff that intercst pulls, he would be asked to kindly find another community to which to direct his posting energies. My view is that the same rules that apply to all other posters at this forum should apply to intercst as well.

*****,  lighten up.....

Say that there were two groups with different viewpoints who were engaging in back-and-forth banter. In that circumstance, I could view the opening post in this thread as being something done in good fun. That's not the circumstance that applies.

I am not invested 100 percent in fixed-income, MJ. Intercst knows that. It is wrong for him to mislead community members as to my investment strategies and portfolio allocations. He has been asked by many community members to knock off the funny business, and he has refused. Scores of fine posters have left our community as a result. That's not funny. That's sad.

If any other poster tried to pull the stuff that intercst pulls, he would be asked to kindly find another community to which to direct his posting energies. My view is that the same rules that apply to all other posters at this forum should apply to intercst as well.

Was bogus even mentioned in the opening post in this thread?

Why does he assume that everything is about him?

Perhaps Bob Smith can offer a diagnosis.

intercst

Do you still believe that the first post in this thread was intended all in good fun, mj?

I think John Galt can defend himself - and I really believe nothing we can say will cause him to buy common stock anytime soon.

Now that I think about it - I know two retiree's who don't use fixed income or stocks - one's rental real estate and the other has bought raw land for thirty years.

More than one way to skin a cat.

1. knife.

2. shard of glass.

3. small explosives.

4. teeth.

5. the power of prayer.

6. can opener.

7. unzip from neck to navel.

8. set a series of short-term easily attainable goals, resulting in skinned cat. accomplish goals.

9. peer pressure, "all the cool cats are getting skinned"

And so on.
http://popechuck.tripod.com/nonpope/skinacat.html

arrete - just trying to help. I like cats, actually.

I'm getting the feeling that you are a pretty darn smart cat yourself, UncleMick.

I hope you guys are resting between rounds.

Remember this: Bogle/Johnson ala Vanguard/Fidelity ala index/managed have been going at it for a long time.

Although each camp has a mixture of funds nowadays.

We just need to get SG and ***** into some crosswired mortgage/SWR trolling combination and watch the two of them finish each other off.

We just need to get SG and ***** into some crosswired mortgage/SWR trolling combination and watch the two of them finish each other off.
When it comes to passion and verbage the comparison to make is:

***** is to SWR what TH is to mortgage payoff.

:D

I appreciate the point that people are making re the "passion" I feel for this. It's important that people understand that the "this" is not SWRs. The "this" is early retirement. I never discussed SWRs for the first three years of my posting career. I wrote an entire book on the subject of early retirement, and I didn't make space in it for any SWR discussions. SWRs is way down on my list of favorite Retire Early topics.

But you can't put forward 2,500 posts on early retirement and not at some point come to discuss how to invest for early retirement. It's too important a topic to ignore forever. That's why there is a section of this forum set aside for discussions of SWRs. We should make use of that section of the forum for the purpose for which it was created. We should all be putting forward a variety of viewpoints as to how to effectively go about the business of building income streams to finance the self-directed life.

Does the thought of watching us do that in days to come get me excited? You bet it does. I make no apologies for it. I love this stuff. My sense of things is that a good number of other community members do too. So lets get about the business of learning together and of leaving the nonsense that too often in the past has served to drag us down behind us.

I like cats too. Boiled, fried, etc :)

Unclemick is right in that I can defend myself, but seldom feel the need (another helpful symptom
of galloping egomania :) )

Anyway, in re. previous posts, and especially unclemick's, I could have done it.
ERed solely with real estate. However, doubt I would
be truly "retired" then. Maybe semi. ? The interesting thing is that (in spite of how well things have worked out), I still have a lingering compulsion to get back into
it (real estate) in a big way. Of all the ways I ever
made any money, I enjoyed that the most. Too late
now. Just hindsight and musing. I have neither the time
nor the energy.

JG

When it comes to passion and verbage the comparison to make is:

***** is to SWR what TH is to mortgage payoff.

:D

Really?

Troll threads started by SG on mortgages: 4
Any thread on mortgages started by TH: 0
Number of mortgage threads TH participated in before SG posted a limited or faulty logic thesis with seven figure math mistakes and factors that wont apply to a majority of people: 0
Number of other web sites (afaik) that SG has spent considerable time whining about the "mortgage argument": 3
Number of other web sites that TH has brought up the "mortgage debate": 0
Number of times SG has contradicted his own points in the rush to be argumentative in the same thread or in different threads days apart: at least a dozen
Number of threads where SG went back and deleted all of his posts after someone noted his major math errors or self contradictions: 3 and counting
Number of threads in which SG looks silly because enough people quoted his posts before he deleted them that his math mistakes and self contradictions are still well in evidence: 3 and counting
Number of times TH has tried to bury the hatchet (hah) and find a way to move past this: 3
Number of times SG has ignored or rebuffed these attempts and gone on to troll again: 3 and counting

People who cant consider other ideas and approaches without feeling threatened, and taking it personally: 1 doodyhead

Idiots involved in this process: 2 :-[

Sorry, I couldnt work in a "mastercard moment" or anything priceless.

People who can't consider other ideas and approaches without feeling threatened, and taking it personally: 1 doodyhead

I can see where you are coming from, TH. But this comes awfully close to the line of being a personal dig at intercst. I think it would be best for all concerned if we tried to keep this thread focused on board business. Just my two cents.

(And before you say anything, MJ, this one really is intended as friendly back-and-forth banter. I know that TH was not really referring to intercst, and I am not trying to mislead others into thinking he was. I am just kidding around in an effort to dissipate some of the tension that often arises in our SWR discussions. I haven't paid any attention to the rent vs. buy thing, so I do not mean to disparage or encourage either of the two [or however many] parties involved in that one.)

Yes, the disclaimer is longer than the post. You can't be too careful nowadays.

Before anyone charges me with having "hijacked" this critically important discussion, let me say that I have made my point and am now done with it (for now, of course). The other two doodyheads (see how fair I am being?) may now pick things up at whatever point they rested at before I injected my little lighthearted (at least in intention) comment.

One last quick observation. We are getting close to the point where we are going to need lawyers sitting at our side when we post. As Stevie Wonder once put it, "Heaven help us all!"

OK, one more and then I really will shut up (for now). In case anyone is wondering whether there is a point that I am trying to make with all this, the answer is an emphatic "Yes!" The point is that this personal jizz-jazz is a big pain in the backside. One important way in which that is not so is that a pain in the backside usually passes after a bit.

Well, at least I finally figured out the doody head thing!!! ::)

You really have to pay close attention to figure out what's going on around here.

Kay

Weird people, weird thread.

It must be awful funny to look at the postmortem forensics of people who are way past reasonable communications still trying to do those 3 stooges eye pokes at each other.

Especially when you've got at least 3 sets of them tied up in the same thread.

I'll be considerably less grouchy when I'm done painting. Dont know how my grandfather did it for a living for 40 years... :p

Really?

Troll threads started by SG on mortgages: 4
Any thread on mortgages started by TH: 0
Number of mortgage threads TH participated in before SG posted a limited or faulty logic thesis with seven figure math mistakes and factors that wont apply to a majority of people: 0
Number of other web sites (afaik) that SG has spent considerable time whining about the "mortgage argument": 3
Number of other web sites that TH has brought up the "mortgage debate": 0
Number of times SG has contradicted his own points in the rush to be argumentative in the same thread or in different threads days apart: at least a dozen
Number of threads where SG went back and deleted all of his posts after someone noted his major math errors or self contradictions: 3 and counting
Number of threads in which SG looks silly because enough people quoted his posts before he deleted them that his math mistakes and self contradictions are still well in evidence: 3 and counting
Number of times TH has tried to bury the hatchet (hah) and find a way to move past this: 3
Number of times SG has ignored or rebuffed these attempts and gone on to troll again: 3 and counting

People who cant consider other ideas and approaches without feeling threatened, and taking it personally: 1 doodyhead

Idiots involved in this process: 2 :-[

Sorry, I couldnt work in a "mastercard moment" or anything priceless.

Holmes has Moriarty.
intrcst has *****.
salaryguru has TH.

I guess that's the way it goes sometimes.

I was going to go thru this post point by point and show how every statement is a misrepresentation of the facts, but that would be unpleasant and would probably only lead to more attacks from TH. I don't think anyone else cares.

TH, Hope you feel more comfortable with your life soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom