Play money bet

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I just made a short term bet with play money - calls on PPD. This is strictly a short term trading bet and I acknowledge it as such. Anyone else do this sort of thing?

Not yet. I am making a change in the portfolio :eek: but it is boring compared to your move.

Rest assured, if PPD does what I think it will, I will be selling the calls and whittling down my equity position as well.

wildcat said:
What kind of premium did you pay on the PPD calls?

Couple bucks and change. I bought Feb. 45s, 5 contracts. Since I already own a big slug of the stock, I don't particularly want a lot more money tied to it. But I think they are close to getting their bank deal done and will soon announce a large tender offer (could do up to ~25% of the float), a big special dividend (could do ~$8 a share), or some of each. Considering that almost half of the float is short, it could get real ugly real quick for the shorts.

Did some crazy things like sold puts on AX for Jan 4 contracts, but split them at 2 at 65 and 2 at 60. So far I'm in the money, but theres a long timeline between here and then.

Back
Top Bottom