Votes: 19 15.3%
  • 41-50%

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • 51-60%

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Greater than 61%

Votes: 10 8.1%

• Total voters
Top two: VTI 20% GWL 8%. The rest is spread over 34 holdings.

Chill there big fella... it is just for fun and giggles.. not meant to be statistically relevant. [emoji1]

Hey... I am chilled :dance:..... not a big deal to me either way... heck, I even voted in it!!!

It is just that some polls actually can give some meaningful info... but some do not... and if someone new who does not know much about investing takes a look at this poll without reading many of the posts can get some really bad 'insight' into diversification... that is all...

97% in VSMGX (Lifestyle Moderate). Of course this fund owns almost all world stocks and bonds. The other 3% is in a small 401K (which doesn't offer VSMGX).

Largest fund among 401Ks/IRAs: Megacorp Stable Value fund (41% of investments)
Largest fund outside of 401Ks/IRAs: VFIAX (4%)
Largest individual stock holding (including percentages from funds which also hold the stock): MSFT (2%)

41%, VWIAX in my Roth and Rollover IRA

Wellesley and Wellington make up more than 50% of our investments.

Cheers!

97% in VSMGX (Lifestyle Moderate). Of course this fund owns almost all world stocks and bonds. The other 3% is in a small 401K (which doesn't offer VSMGX).

And I think we have a WINNER!!!

My biggest is AAPL with just under 9% after 1250% gain. The portfolio has 50 holdings so 2% is the average. 20 of the 50 are over 2% (should be 25). But I tend to hang onto winners longer than necessary. One of them, New Flyer Industries, was a convertible debenture paying 6.25% p.a. for 5 years and just converted June 30th so it is up 395% and is worth close to 6%. But believe me, this is a rare exception!

20% o total DFQTX a US Russell 3000 index fund from Dimensional

Almost everything I have is an ETF. Most are S&P based.

SymbolDescription% of Total
IVWISHARES S&P 500 GROWTH ETF25.21%
IVVISHARES CORE S&P 500 ETF17.16%
VIIIXUS Large Cap Equity Index (VIIIX)15.53%
VEMPXUS Small-Mid Equity Index (VEMPX)15.49%
VDIPXInternational Equity Index (VDIPX)7.71%
DVYISHARES SELECT DIVIDEND ETF5.70%
QQQPOWERSHARES QQQ4.97%
IWMISHARES RUSSELL 2000 ETF2.02%
FTEXX**FIDELITY MONEY MARKET1.86%
USBESOP Stock (USB)1.70%
GLDSPDR GOLD TR GOLD SHS0.83%
FHLCFIDELITY MSCI HEALTHCARE INDEX0.77%
IVVISHARES CORE S&P 500 ETF0.56%
PFGPRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP0.47%
FDRXX**FIDELITY CASH RESERVES0.01%

I have too much in one stock that I inherited, DTE. It is about 24% of my investments. Even though it has had gains and has a reasonable dividend it worries me. Anything with Detroit in the name and aging nuclear power plants should worry anyone.
If I sell more of it this year it is at the highest cap gain rate and bumps me up into higher bracket. Still may do that.

Wellington/Wellesley combo ~ 17.5%

~42% in employer (unable to sell without leaving Employee Owned firm, been there 15 years, yes it inclines me to bail on the early side due to risk), ~38% BRK, which I consider closer to a mutual fund than single stock, but acknowledge that there is some significant concentrated risk there for me.

18% in VFIAX Vanguard 500 Index Fund. Would like to reduce to about 10%, but the fund is in a taxable account with substantial capital gains, so I have been biffing up other holdings to compensate. I just found out that Vanguard lets me automatically reinvest dividends from one fund into another, so started doing that.

17.45% VGHAX Vanguard Health Care Fund Admiral Shares
16.82% FSIVX Fidelity® International Index Fund Premium Class
13.83% FUSVX Fidelity® 500 Index Fund Premium Class & VFIAX Vanguard 500 Index Fund Admiral Class
12.81% FSEVX Fidelity® Extended Market Index Fund Premium Class
09.25% FSTVX Fidelity® Total Market Index Fund Premium Class
07.52% FIBAX Fidelity® Intermediate Treasury Bond Index Fund Premium Class

0ndfOaL.jpg

Last edited:
Our top holding is Vanguard Short Term Investment Grade bond fund (VFSUX) at 20%. This is inspired by Wm. Bernstein's question, "When you've won the game, why keep playing?".

Almost as much in Wellesley (VWIAX) at 19%.

Need to consolidate... Largest holding is 8% S&P Mutual Fund through 401K

Our top holding is Vanguard Short Term Investment Grade bond fund (VFSUX) at 20%. This is inspired by Wm. Bernstein's question, "When you've won the game, why keep playing?".

Almost as much in Wellesley (VWIAX) at 19%.

I don't think I've reached that point yet but it is a subject that comes up from time to time between me and DW. Our FIRE plan at this point still includes a factor of growth in our investments. I can imagine at some point growth will be much less attractive to us.

4% IBM - came with the new Wife. It was not an investment decision. The IBM that is.

:D :dance: :dance: :cool:

heh heh heh - Like Warren B my favorite holding period is forever - not referring to the IBM. :greetings10:

Target Retirement 2015 is/was my 'big dog on the porch'.

11% of the total portfolio is in FSUVX (Fidelity's S&P index fund)--or about 16% of the stock holdings.

Back
Top Bottom