Poll: Where Will Dow Land End of Trading, 6/27/16?

Where Will Down Land End of Trading, 6/27/16?

• Up by a little (less than 500 points)

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Up by a lot (500 points or more)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Down by a little (less than 500 points)

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Down by a lot (500 points or more)

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Will all the BREXIT talk, just for fun, how up or down do you think the Dow will be end of trading on Monday, 6/27. Will this be a Black Monday or start of another Bull or a non-event? Place your bets! :cool:

Voting ends Sunday :).

Last edited:
I voted blood in the streets. Down by 500 points or more. About time for a good correction :(.

Isn't this a good opportunity for the high speed computers to push prices down so that they can come back in at a later date and buy all their positions back? :confused:

I never make those predictions, but whatever wins the vote, I would be inclined to bet the opposite.

I voted I don't know and will act on this information appropriately.Think it'll be down huge by noon and back up to down by about 1 percent at day's end.

6978-albums71-picture509.jpg

My crystal ball says.... oh drat, it's broken AGAIN!!!

I did notice that the Dow is now a whole 35 points lower than it was five weeks ago.
May 19th: 17,435.40
June 24th: 17,400.75

"Sell in May, and go away" comes to mind. Some think it's a pattern for the market to decline in June.

Markets go up and down so eventually it will have to crash. It might on Monday! Or it might in a year, or five years. The doom and gloomers have been predicting a crash for years by now. Perhaps market response to external events is poorly understood.

Pass the popcorn.... :D

Last edited:
Poll closed before I could respond, but if I were to guess, down by about 1000 at some point in the morning then clawing back all day to even about 2:30 and then who knows! the last 30-90 minutes will be either a steady decline back into the -700 range or a series of 200 point swings ending at near 0 change.

Poll closed before I could respond, but if I were to guess, down by about 1000 at some point in the morning then clawing back all day to even about 2:30 and then who knows! the last 30-90 minutes will be either a steady decline back into the -700 range or a series of 200 point swings ending at near 0 change.

I wanted to have the poll not close until tonight but I can only choose in whole days (not hours) after time I created the post. Since this poll was just for fun, I didn't want to wait until last night, just to create the post. (Plus, then all those on Sat morning wouldn't have voted then :)).

I hope tomorrow isn't as wild a ride as you describe. But you never know :(.

If any of this was going to cause real bloodshed wouldn't it have already happened on Friday? Or most of it? Why wouldn't the DOW be Up 300 points? Big down days are often maybe usually followed by a big bounce up. Unless this is the beginning of a longer term chill

If any of this was going to cause real bloodshed wouldn't it have already happened on Friday? Or most of it? Why wouldn't the DOW be Up 300 points? Big down days are often maybe usually followed by a big bounce up. Unless this is the beginning of a longer term chill

Only 48 folks here voted and the most accurate answer probably is "I don't know". But funny how in the poll not a single person predicted up by over 500 points on Monday. We shall see :).

Futures right now shows DJIA down about 85 points or about -0.5%.

Nikkei is up about 1.4%.

I am guessing it will be down by 260.51 points.

Wow, you're correct on the dot! :LOL: I rest my case for closing the poll early :).

Looks like polling the audience like in "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire" still works as the smart money here said, dow down by under 500 points.

OK, this is odd ... but when I select stocks on my iPhone it shows the Dow was down 870.83 points. See snapshot. Is it just my iPhone or are others seeing the same? Maybe that is an omen for tomorrow?

Attachments

• Dow Iphone.jpg
    Dow Iphone.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 17
That looks like a 2 day total drop.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OK, this is odd ... but when I select stocks on my iPhone it shows the Dow was down 870.83 points. See snapshot. Is it just my iPhone or are others seeing the same? Maybe that is an omen for tomorrow?

Not that this is what you guys experienced but fwiw I sometimes I notice it doesn't refresh right away and wants to display the previous day's values well after the next day's market opening. Tapping the red/green change box to switch from points to % or vice versa usually seems to force a refresh.

Back
Top Bottom