Preserving your wealth....

Art G

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What would you give if you could have locked in your June 30th value of your mutual funds?

One good thing about having old Art on ignore is that I know what he posted without reading it. Just have to read the 1st response and you're done.

You see, this is where ignorance starts. Once again, someone who has no idea what I posted, just decided they needed to take a shot at me. It's like a blind person walking the street without a cane and cursing traffic. Geez I hate closed minded people.
Why would anyone here assume I'd want them as a client? I have much higher minimums. How's that for blind assumptions?

LOL! I guess you assumed the post was directed at you. I guess your ego is fragile.

ah hem.. Don't ya'll have something better to do?

Attachments

• tapping foot now.gif
    tapping foot now.gif
    54.8 KB · Views: 377
ah hem.. Don't ya'll have something better to do?

Nope. We're waiting for the bad news from the polls. We might as well slap one another around while we wait.

Ha

Nope. We're waiting for the bad news from the polls. We might as well slap one another around while we wait.

Ha

I predict 80% of the folks on here will be happy tomorrow.........;)

Why June 30th? By June the S&P had already lost 20% from last October's highs...

Why June 30th? By June the S&P had already lost 20% from last October's highs...

Well that was about the time the market actually gave a sell signal. I've never tried to guess the top of anything.

Well that was about the time the market actually gave a sell signal. I've never tried to guess the top of anything.

Cr@p, I didn't receive the signal... My FA didn't either...

What would you give if you could have locked in your June 30th value of your mutual funds?

A sh*t, I suppose. This is simply the inverse of me saying "I don't give a sh*t".

Edit to add: I imagine you are including individual stocks, since I have very little in MF's.

Not much. My current portfolio, while down somewhat from then, contains a whole h#ll of alot more shares then it did then plus I've TLH'd alot of $ to offset future income and CG's.

DD

Well gee, with 20/20 hindsight I'd say something in the neighborhood of $500-$600K . . . but then again, if I had that kind of foresight it would be worth a lot more than that because instead of just protecting what I had, I'd have thrown every last dollar into some waaay out of the money puts and I'd be sitting on 8 figures now

So I guess my answer to your question is more like $30,000,000 . . .that's how much that information is worth to me. $30MM, give or take.

Here is another great idea that people had to "100% guarantee your principal"

Bloomberg.com: Exclusive

(And BTW, if this is what you had in mind as an idea for "preserving your wealth" then I'd like to change my answer from $30MM to zero)

oh my. I've just been insulted by an annuity salesman. My fragile ego may never survive the indignity...

please dont tell my mom im an annuity salesman,she thinks im a piano player in a brothel....

Back
Top Bottom