Pulled the plug

KB

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I gave notice yesterday and have only 6 more working days. Since my work week is now Mon - Wed and I have vacation scheduled, my last day is June 29. Definitely looking forward to ER.

I will stay put for now and within the next year or two sell my paid for house and either rent in the area or move to NW Florida where my sister lives. I'll either buy my nieces 1/2 acre or the neighbor's 8.5 acres and put something on it like a modular home. Both are in the neighborhood where my sister lives, which is a rural area. I may rent here (my kids are 18 and 19) for awhile while setting up my place in FL.

Can't wait. I plan on doing a lot of volunteer work with the Master Gardener program. I'm already involved in a project where I can put my Project Management skills to work...for fun, not money.

Hey and ya know what? You're in the right area to exactly duplicate my first day of ER!

Got up, looked at the coffee machine, tossed down a shot of tequila instead (it was noon time) and went to folsom lake for the day.

th said:
Hey and ya know what?  You're in the right area to exactly duplicate my first day of ER!

Got up, looked at the coffee machine, tossed down a shot of tequila instead (it was noon time) and went to folsom lake for the day.

Sounds similar to my early ER days (bachelor then too) :) except it was bourbon
and I was already right on the water. I can still sleep in a long time, but no more booze in mid day.

JG

Congrats!!!!  :D

Are you in Florida now and just moving N, or in another state??

Whassup with modular homes? Do you have a supplier in mind?

DOG50 said:
I'm jealous. 18 more frigging months for me. :(   Good luck with it all!

So, are you planning to stay in MS and play golf or move elsewhere?
Sounds like you and I are targeting the same schedule. I want to be on the golf course more at the end of 2006.

polloloco said:
So, are you planning to stay in MS and play golf or move elsewhere?
Sounds like you and I are targeting the same schedule. I want to be on the golf course more at the end of 2006.

I plan to stay here. I have lots of golfing buddies and cost of living is reasonable. I do plan to travel and hopefully stay with some family in Colorado during August when it is hot here. Didn't you say you are from GA? You staying there?

I'm in CA now.  My sister put a Palm Harbor modular on her property so I might start looking there.  She's near the Geargia border in FL.  I'd rather build a house, but I'm thinking about the money actually.  I will use the proceeds from my house in CA (approx 525,000 - 550,000 now) to finance part of my ER.  So it will just depend on how things fall. 

Actually I've looked at houses in that area and they are cheap. Mainly, I want to live in the same area as my sister and I'll have to check into what is best when I'm getting closer to moving.

I won't tap any retirement plans until either 55 or 57 if I need to and SS at 62.  Until then, I'll be living off saving and an income from a family trust.  Won't need to tap my 401K which I'll roll into an existing rollover IRA in Vanguard.   I've been whittling down my monthly expenses for a year or so, and have only 1000.00 a month expenses.  But I'll need to add health insurance, and that doesn't count the annual expenses which are another 1000 - 1200. 

I have almost 3 years expenses in different cash accounts.....So I'm fine for now.  When I sell my house, the annual income off that money will support me comfortably, factoring in the trust income.  It's taken awhile, but all the pieces finally fell into place.

Way to go KB!!!!!!!!!!!!! CA, see ya! Hello FL. Quit work, sell that inflated CA real estate, set up a double wide near sis and pocket the change. Sounds like a plan. :)

Hurry KB - you have already missed the start of the season - TS storm Arlene is heading our way.

Congratualtions KB, you're on your way. Make sure you get two double-wides, one of them inland. Then you'll have someplace to go when those 'canes visit.

unclemick2 said:
Hurry KB - you have already missed the start of the season - TS storm Arlene is heading our way.

Where y'at in the bayou mick? I'm in New Orleans wasting far too much of my tax $$$ on this mess of a government..... :mad:

We've had more issues over the past few years with trop. storms - rain, rain, rain.

Arin38 said:
.... trop. storms - rain, rain, rain.
We have had rain, rain and rain in Minneapolis recently - not too much fun if you try to play tennis -- bummer.

KB said:
I gave notice yesterday and have only 6 more working days.  Since my work week is now Mon - Wed and I have vacation scheduled, my last day is June 29.  Definitely looking forward to ER.

Way to go KB !!!!! What does it feel like ?

I wish you the best !

-helen

Thanks Helen.

It feels good so far. The fact that I made the decision and am comfortable with it makes me feel it is the right time for me to do this.

Back
Top Bottom