Raise your Hand if You are Part of this group of 7500

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
Glad that that the feds will be getting these guys to fork over their taxes, but how many more could there be out there? Thousands? Millions?

OK, fess up, who's on this list?

"Right now we are seeing disclosures about 240 banks in 70 countries on every continent except Antarctica," said Shott.
While not officially called an amnesty program, the IRS says those voluntarily disclosing their secret foreign accounts will likely avoid criminal prosecution.
"They'll pay all the tax and interest and they will pay a penalty," said Shott. "And usually the decision is that there will not be a criminal prosecution."
The penalty will include the forfeiture of one-fifth of the amount held in the foreign accounts.
"Some of our cases range as high as something over $100 million," said Michel.

Thousands of Americans Admit Secret Bank Accounts as IRS Deadline Nears - ABC News

Not me!! Though I can see the temptation to shop around all over the world for decent interest rates right now, even if I had nothing sneaky in mind.

Ziggy, if the other choice is "We'll make an example of you, and you get the cell next to Bernie Madoff"

The government may get quite a few takers

ta,
mew

In the interest of anonymity, should this be a poll question?

Glad that that the feds will be getting these guys to fork over their taxes, but how many more could there be out there? Thousands? Millions?
I'm willing to take my chances...

We have vacationed annually in a well-know tax haven for a number of years. When we first started going, I briefly considered the idea of stashing some cash there. I discussed it with my brother, who is a CPA. He put it in stark terms that jolted me back to reality: "Go ahead, but just remember that every time you sign your tax return you are committing a felony."

Back
Top Bottom