"Registered Financial Gerontologist"

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
Hey, we needed a new acronym!

I came across this in "How Not To Go Broke At 102" by Adriane Berg. No, it's not geezer financiers-- it's financial analysis/planning FOR geezers... presumably by CFAs, CFPs, and other TLAs (three-letter acroynms).

http://www.aifg.org/RFGBackground.cfm, including the quote "All graduates of the RFG program in good standing have, as a benefit of their membership, online access to AIFG’s Client Solutions service. This service is an online, 24/7-accessible database of over 60,000 pages of valuable information on health and wellness, caregiving, financial and legal issues, education, and consumer information. It is an invaluable resource and benefit used by hundreds of the nation’s leading companies. AIFG’s Client Solutions service helps professional RFGs better serve their clients, regardless of their age."

Anyone have any experience with this designation? Is the database worth the expense/effort? Will this group finally sort out LTC insurance?

Hey, we needed a new acronym!

I came across this in "How Not To Go Broke At 102" by Adriane Berg.  No, it's not geezer financiers-- it's financial analysis/planning FOR geezers... presumably by CFAs, CFPs, and other TLAs (three-letter acroynms).  

http://www.aifg.org/RFGBackground.cfm, including the quote "All graduates of the RFG program in good standing have, as a benefit of their membership, online access to AIFG’s Client Solutions service.  This service is an online, 24/7-accessible database of over 60,000 pages of valuable information on health and wellness, caregiving, financial and legal issues, education, and consumer information.  It is an invaluable resource and benefit used by hundreds of the nation’s leading companies.  AIFG’s Client Solutions service helps professional RFGs better serve their clients, regardless of their age."

Anyone have any experience with this designation?  Is the database worth the expense/effort?  Will this group finally sort out LTC insurance?

Not if they are just adding another layer of fees and expenses on top of a product that's already of questionable worth.

intercst

Nord, I doubt that this org will sort out LTC insurance as we would.   It seems to me that the issues will always be: what are the risks that we want insurance to cover and will the insurer deliver.  The first only we know, the second is in the relm of the unknown.  

IMHO "Nursing Homes" as we have known them are now "Assisted Living".  I want to insure myself against dying slowly, needing help and supervision for an extended time.  Look for the waiting period financial sweet-spot.

Back
Top Bottom