Retired at 30 and Bored!

I am the type that is antisocial. Really don't have much friends. Don't go out much. Don't have fancy things. All I know is how to save. I do enjoy shopping at the supermarket. I am happy when I see that I could get $500 in groceries for around $50 bucks each month with coupons clippings and deals, but I am not going to the supermarket everyday!

Classic troll.

nevermind - looks like i can't pm you for some reason. Bummer!

You might be close to the OP posting.... but I do not think you are the same... as others have pointed out... he sounded like a troll...

Maybe he was not.... but if you sound like one.... you get responses like one...

You can be bored anywhere, anytime. Just this morning I was bored while yawning in bed. Then I got bored again after I unleashed a torrent down the loo in the evening. Trust me, being bored is quite normal.

That said, boredom is a disease that infects idle people more easily than busy people. Like obesity, boredom will spawn a host of other illnesses. That is why I recommend to people who are still healthy to continue working in some capacity so as to avoid the dreaded disease of boredom.

Here's a thought. If you can get $500 in groceries for around $50 each month, then why don't you offer to be a "Dedicated Shopper" for people.
I saw a show on TV where a couple of moms who were super grocery shoppers started a business that had classes where they showed other people how to shop like that. One of the moms went around a grocery store with the TV person, bought a basket full of groceries and got something like $4 back. With the recession that kind of information is very popular right now.

If I knew how to do that I would start a blog and just detail out what you do and how you do it. Then put Adsense or banner ads on the site. You could give the groceries you don't need to charity. Just buy stuff for great deals to post on your blog. You can write articles with tips on saving money on foods for links or write guest posts for other bloggers. Most people buy groceries and many people really need to save money right now so the audience for that kind of information is huge. Maybe you could also volunteer your super shopping skills at a local food bank.

There is a guy that has a blog on how to eat for a dollar a day, which is an interesting read. Maybe you could do something similar.

I agree with the other posters who said you should maybe consider talking to your doctor about depression. You are eating frugally but are you eating healthy? Getting sunshine and exercise? There usually aren't a lot of coupons for items like organic chicken, carrots and apples. Coupons are usually found on more expensive items that are highly processed foods that might not be great for mental health. Maybe try upping your budget a bit and seeing how many whole foods you can get for your money.

Last edited:
You can be bored anywhere, anytime. Just this morning I was bored while yawning in bed. Then I got bored again after I unleashed a torrent down the loo in the evening. Trust me, being bored is quite normal.

That said, boredom is a disease that infects idle people more easily than busy people. Like obesity, boredom will spawn a host of other illnesses. That is why I recommend to people who are still healthy to continue working in some capacity so as to avoid the dreaded disease of boredom.

Yes but ESR is much better for me as my F/T job was often boring, I had to be there at a desk but could go days with only a 30 mins to an hour of any real work each day (Yup is was a gov't job).

Let's see ... boredom vs. human meat grinder. I'll take boredom!

Let's see ... boredom vs. human meat grinder. I'll take boredom!

Boredom is not a problem for me. I can always go out to the garage and make my own fun...
Super_7_kit.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom