Retirement Income-A Decent Read

JPatrick

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This article pretty much hits all the bases. Most of it is the same old stuff, but I did find a couple of nuggets regarding foreign inflation bonds and an available ETF that I plan to investigate.
Has a pretty good section on annuities that will get you up to date if you have been ignoring the subject..(like me.)
Income for Life, Guaranteed! (Sort of) - SmartMoney.com

Executive summary: Downsize your expectations, downsize your house, downsize...(well, it doesn't say downsize yourself, but it does mention eating out less, so that could be a side effect for some :) )

Amethyst

Executive summary: Downsize your expectations, downsize your house, downsize...(well, it doesn't say downsize yourself, but it does mention eating out less, so that could be a side effect for some :) )

Amethyst

But SuperSize your happiness because you don't have to go to w*rk anymore! :dance:

I skimmed it but saw no mention of the absolute easiest way to assure that you have enough to retire on and every swingin' Richard here knows what that is. If you LBYM from beginning to end you will never have to resort to scrimping or rooting around for a way to make it to the end when you are retired.

Of course, that would be a boring and very short article. So there's that...

The longer I w@rk, the more I can save. The more I can save, the greater my investments. The greater my investments, the greater my investment income. The greater my investment income, the earlier I can retire.

Thus: The longer I w@rk, the earlier I can retire!

I skimmed it but saw no mention of the absolute easiest way to assure that you have enough to retire on and every swingin' Richard here knows what that is. If you LBYM from beginning to end you will never have to resort to scrimping or rooting around for a way to make it to the end when you are retired.

Of course, that would be a boring and very short article. So there's that...

Amen

Attachments

• big-beer.jpg
    big-beer.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom