Saint James Trading / Private Platform Trading

pletal

Recycles dryer sheets
Have a friend who has sent me some info on St. James Trading / Private Platform Trading. Has anyone heard or dealt with this group? He says it looks like an easy 12-14% return. Same friend is also involved in some Columbian Hardwood deal that has been in the works for 15 years and is finally coming thru to the tune of about 20 million for him. Actually has shown me some paperwork on this.

All of this really seems like bull. Also he believes the Viet and Iraqi money is about to become worth a bunch.

I am very conservative, any insight would be great

.... Same friend is also involved in some Columbian Hardwood deal that has been in the works for 15 years and is finally coming thru to the tune of about 20 million for him. Actually has shown me some paperwork on this.

All of this really seems like bull. ...

What kind of paperwork? The kind with $-signs on it, that he can spend at a store? That's the only kind of paperwork that matters in a case like this.

Your sense is right. But if you think he really might win at one of these deals, stay friendly with him, don't criticize too much, but don't invest anything in any of his deals. That way, if on the off-chance one really does come through, maybe he'll take you out on his yacht once in a while. Be humble, just say "aw shucks, you were right, I should'a invested! You were the smart one!", while you drink his expensive scotch on his yacht. He'll keep inviting you back to feed his ego.

Chances of that happening are slim to none, but please report back.

-ERD50

Have a friend who has sent me some info on St. James Trading / Private Platform Trading. Has anyone heard or dealt with this group? He says it looks like an easy 12-14% return. Same friend is also involved in some Columbian Hardwood deal that has been in the works for 15 years and is finally coming thru to the tune of about 20 million for him. Actually has shown me some paperwork on this.

All of this really seems like bull. Also he believes the Viet and Iraqi money is about to become worth a bunch.

I am very conservative, any insight would be great

I've got a friend "investing"(gambling) on the Iraqi currency and
bought 2.5 million worth. I think the lottery would have about the same odds. He has always taken the biggest gambles and now has an empty 401k and IRA due to "hot tips".

Someone will get lucky, but it likely will not be you.

VW

You claim to be 'very conservative'.
A 12% return?
You're from Florida.

Your friend wouldn't be a guy named Bernie would he?

News flash: He's no friend.

Waiting for the future episode of "American Greed" to feature this.

Seriously, watch the show. The people who get hooked almost always get in from the advice of a good friend.

When I see the words "Low Risk" and "Guaranteed Profit" on their website I immediately write them off as hucksters.

Also from their website:
"We only accept Loans from Registered Companies, and cannot deal with members of the Public"
so I wonder how you would even get involved with them.
PPP Small Cap Profit Opportunity

As others said, keep your distance.

Back
Top Bottom