Originally Posted by vvsonikvv
2Cor521 - So what is your analysis on your situation? Have you made any decision yet? Any action?
The hiring manager at company A told me a few days ago that the management at company A decided to take a step back and take a comprehensive look at their hiring and come up with a comprehensive plan. The bad news is that that has accounted for some delay in the process; the good news is that my position with the company is in that plan that they came up with.
I think that the market rate for the job in question is probably about $5K to $15K more than what I am making. The benefits are roughly comparable from what I can tell except for medical, which is both better and cheaper at company A.
I am not sure what to expect in terms of what they will offer me. However, I would prefer to go full time permanent, and I strongly suspect that they will offer me more than what I make at company B.
I will look at the benefit package and the salary. If it's less than what I make now, I'll obviously counter with that explanation. If it's more, I'll accept. How happy I will be and how long I will stay at company A and how hard I will look for other jobs will depend on the compensation package they offer.