Sam Adams founder

I think Masquernom did not suggest that this man mistreats his workers or underpays them. Rather, if money is not something that he cares about, then he could just give it away and derive happiness from his workers' smiles.

+1

Let's not turn this into the Spanish Inquisition. :)

Apologies! I was feeling a little grumpy and aggressive yesterday. Missed my nap or something.

I have given money to charity and family, but I also keep plenty for myself. I readily admit that I like to have more money. Maybe I would not know what to do with it, but then I might. Would I be just as happy with less than what I have now? Could be, but what if that did not work out?

"I never been in no situation where havin' money make it any worse." - Clinton Jones

The Inquisition... Here we go
The Inquisition... What a show
The Inquisition... betcha hoped we'd go awayyyyyyyy.
But the Inquisition's here and it's here to stayyyyyyyy.
:dance::2funny::LOL::clap:
Sorry, couldn't help myself!

I never hear "Spanish Inquisition" without breaking into that song, hopefully not out loud. :LOL:

Of course money matters, but there is usually diminished returns above a certain amount of income or net worth. I've seen surveys and studies that put the point of diminishing returns at about $75,000 per year. At that point all of your needs are met and many of your wants. And each incremental dollar earned above that generates less happiness, satisfaction, and improvement in quality of life than at lower incomes.

As always, individual opinions and situations will vary. But suffice it to say, a $10,000 windfall makes less impact on a household earning $300,000 a year than one earning $30,000.

I sometimes wonder whether the 75k isn't absolute but more a relative thing. It's roughly 1.5x the median US household income according to wiki.

As in, once I make substantially more than (most) my neighbor/friends/relatives, happiness starts to level off.

The Monty Pythons would not appear so funny if they had brought to the show instruments such as the Spanish Donkey and the Breast Ripper.

The Monty Pythons would not appear so funny if they had brought to the show instruments such as the Spanish Donkey and the Breast Ripper.
Thank goodness the Mel Brooks version is still funny, though. :D

You mean this scene at 2:30? :nonono:

I just came back from lunch at a Chinese restaurant. Here's what on my fortune cookie.

"Money is gratifying, not satisfying" -- Fortune Cookie.

Fine. I will take gratification first if I can, and with that on my belt will work on satisfaction and happiness next. Would you not? Even if gratification is all I ever have, hey, that's better than nothin'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom