Save money by being on kids cellphone plan?

wmc1000

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
So how many here have turned the tables so to speak by being part of their kids cell phone plans?
For 15 years we had the kids on our family cell phone plan. When one of our DD's got a job where they covered the first $100 of her cell phone plan we switched the plan into her name, (AT&T family plan), and we pay her the cost of our 2 lines - $41.50 mo. 1 of our other DD's also pays her $20.75 mo for her phone line. :dance:

Alas, we still have both of my parents and DS on our family plan.

I buy 15GB for all five of us as a group to use. Other than that, it's $20 for each person.

I did.. we had a 4 person business farm plan for our farm, a grandfathered one..no smartphones because they really get a lot of abuse from the 2 farmers..No way to get even one smart phone without starting over from scratch and playing havoc with the bills.

One smartphone is fine for my DH and I so my SIL founds me a BF deal on a Samsung 8...talk about an upgrade! I paid for the phone and they agreed to only charge me the 20 bucks a month line fee. Said they never use all their data ...

T-Mobile. unlimited,data,talk,text. 2 lines. $60 total. One person must be 55.

Yes, the plan is in daughter's name now. There is something like a 20% discount courtesy of the employer. I think that applies to the first line. Usually I have paid this with my Amex platinum, and get another 5% credit for the entire bill.

I've got Ting and my bill is nearly always under $20/month. I use mostly Wi-Fi and have never gone over the first tier data allowance of 100 mb per month. Not sure I could do any better sharing with anyone given my current usage.

Pay for DF DM and now 85yr old Grandma was asking me about a plan and phone.

$146/month for 5 lines of unlimited on the business plan.
DW gets reimbursed $50 from work.
3 on the plan give us $85
soo we really only pay $8/line.

Its the dang phones that are pricey. Seems every two years I need a new one.

The concept is good. We have my mother and sweet widowed lady who was my wife's first boss on our plan. Someday maybe we will be on DD's phone plan but that is probably 15 years out for me and DW. :)

Back
Top Bottom