Save Some Money and Help Your Son or Daughter Live Longer With One Simple Act

I should live pretty long then. Thanks.

Interesting, but the article did not say by how much.....

IOW, if it is a month or two, who cares... if it is decades... well...

I guess the headline is more for marketing the research. From the article;

"A recent study by University of Notre Dame professor Timothy Judge, On the Value of Aiming High: The Causes and Consequences of Ambition, found that ambitious people aren't necessarily happier than the rest — and they're more likely to die early."

I guess how to classify the people on this board, need a poll? Or people who were ambitious and then realized the futility of the ambition.

I'm about 2/3rds of the way through reading "Coming Apart" and I'll file my book report in a few days. Interesting comparing the OP link to the book...huge tradeoffs.

There really isn't any useful detail in the article.

Interesting, but the article did not say by how much.....

IOW, if it is a month or two, who cares... if it is decades... well...

My hypothesis is that the kids from middle/lower class families who go to ivy league schools with assistance from scholarship or free tuition loan will be more likely unhappy because of their constant acquaintances with rich kids. Some kids can be quite so called "successful" not because they're that great, but instead because of their ivy league pedigree networking. When that's not feasible, some ambitious kids have to strive even harder with sacrifices of personal happiness. This can happen everywhere. Interestingly this name, Tracy Flick (in movie "Election"), suddenly jumps into my mind.

Back
Top Bottom