Seeking Excel equivalent for ER calculators

+1 to Lsbcal. There is no inherent assumption. It is what it is, a report on past outcomes.

If you plan a vacation, you might look up the mean low temps and the record low temps for that time. It would be silly to assume that they couldn't also go lower, that's how records become records.

-ERD50

You're looking at the past because you are assuming it's representative of the future. Not that it couldn't be different, but that it's a stand-in.

Just like looking at average and record temps. You look at the average high and low and record high and low and then conclude it tells you nothing about how you plan your future vacation.

Some retirement planning calculators I'd like to use (such as the Otar Retirement Calculator) require Excel, which I don't have on my home computer. Has anyone had success using these calculators on one of the free Excel-equivalent spreadsheet programs?

Have you tried this one. Helped me at age 79 and Jim is very helpful.
www.i-orp.com/https://www.google.com/search?sourc...j0i22i30.0.0.0.40979...........0.f2h5ihgA_wY#

The Optimal Retirement Planner (ORP) is a retirement planning calculator that computes the maximum amount of money available for retirement spending ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom