Senior Discounts start at 50

More than a few years ago I ate @ a Burger King and, as I ordered, the gal behind the counter said "... that's a Whopper and a senior drink, right?" I asked~ "What's a senior drink?" It was a drink that cost about a dime, I think. But free refills.

I figured that she was about 16-18 yo and @ 40 something I looked "senior." I went back there a number of times and always ordered a "senior drink." I started order senior drink elsewhere also and it worked.

Nice list. Not too many of them are for 50+ (I turn 50 early next year but my ladyfriend just turned 50). Also remember that 50 and 65 are key turning points for seeing your car insurance rates go down. Also, in some states you can take accident prevention course discounts when you turn one of those key ages and get your premiums reduced. Check with your agent or company.

Mmmmmm...Krispy Kreme...and I'm over 50...Mmmmm...

Dave.....Krispy Kreme is a big weakness of mine.... Unfortunately for me, there's a location in Shreveport where they're made deliciously fresh. Fortunately, they're not on my side of town, but require about a 20+ minute drive. Unfortunately, I'm weak enough to make that drive. Dammit.:facepalm:

I can't even describe the taste of a fresh-off-the-rack Krispy Kreme doughnut. Just thinking about it now sitting at my desk is making my eyes water.....LOL:LOL:

And...I had no idea there was a senior discount. I'll be checking into it. However, Krispy Kreme advertised that on Veteran's Day, vets would get a free doughnut. When I asked for my free one on V-Day this year, I was told they weren't participating. This was after hearing the ad on the local radio station. So...I dunno if ALL KK locations give the sr. discount either. I'll report back...

More than a few years ago I ate @ a Burger King and, as I ordered, the gal behind the counter said "... that's a Whopper and a senior drink, right?" I asked~ "What's a senior drink?" It was a drink that cost about a dime, I think. But free refills.

I figured that she was about 16-18 yo and @ 40 something I looked "senior." I went back there a number of times and always ordered a "senior drink." I started order senior drink elsewhere also and it worked.

LOL, I got my first Senior Coffee at Burger King when I was 38... I was in a rush and when she asked me if I wanted a Senior Coffee I misheard her and said sure. I thought they were pushing a new Coffee Blend (like Seattles or something). As I walked out the door I realized what I had just bought. :LOL:

Now, at 56 some places have raised it to 62 and or 65 and actually check ID unless it is obvious...

Obvious? OBVIOUS:confused:
Oh well.

A few years ago I was buying some items at a local store when the clerk asked me if I had my Golden Buckeye card with me. There is a 1% discount for this "senior" card issued by the state of Ohio.

I hadn't heard of the program, so I asked "Golden Buckeye? What's that?"

She said "Never mind, I'll just give you the discount; you're obviously old enough."

Saved me about 30 cents and ruined my entire afternoon. :D

Ask for a "senior" coffee at Burger King and it's only 50 cents. I usually bring my own cup.

Does senior pricing work in the red light district ?
Maybe a two-4-1 deal or something ?

I almost always ask about senior discounts! I've very seldom been questioned about my age, and almost always get the discounts. I shop for clothes at Bealls when we're in Florida, and love there 20% senior discount, especially since it applies to items not on sale as well as items already at reduced sale prices! And I take advantage of he senior discount on coffee at both Burger King and McDonalds on a very regular basis!

If anywhere I shop or eat offers a discount, and if they'll give it to me, I'm very glad to accept it! ;)

Back
Top Bottom