Share your FIRE Milestones - 2013- 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aand, sure enough, I crossed that $2M threshold again, going the wrong way! I think I ended up peaking around $2,019,000 around January 17, but settled in at the end of the month around $1,962,000. But, it looks like I might cross it again, today...

Just sold enough stock to cover 9 months of expenses for use in the last nine months of 2020...getting ready to RE! Getting ready to blow that dough!

Congrats! Enjoy those first days of freedom! :dance:

Had to adjust column width in my tracking Excel. One number at the bottom didn't fit anymore. Cause we are a millionaire! :dance:

Disclaimer: This is joint net worth for DW and me. More than half of it is home equity.

Had to adjust column width in my tracking Excel. One number at the bottom didn't fit anymore. Cause we are a millionaire! :dance:

Disclaimer: This is joint net worth for DW and me. More than half of it is home equity.

Nice!!! & Congratulations. The first mil is the toughest....the good news is the second one happens faster.

It's pretty cool to hit that!

Nice!!! & Congratulations. The first mil is the toughest....the good news is the second one happens faster.

Yep.

At 54, i'm $200 away from my next milestone at $300,000 in my 401K, (also will have 30 year pension). With finally having an empty nest, and soon be paying off a HELOC, and another loan, I should have close to $2500 month extra, to invest going forward.

I always enjoy to read "Milestones" it makes me very happy with all the success, hard work and joy people have reaching new highs.

Congratulations! Even with that little disclaimer, that's still an awesome milestone!

I remember when I hit $1M, I got a bit excited because I had to adjust my graphic plot. The Y-axis only went up to $1M, so the line went off the chart! :)

Hit $3M NW!!! Can't tell anybody else. Let's see if I can stay above the mark with current market stability.

Congratulations- That's a big one! It's nice to be able to tell someone about financial successes. I love that about this forum.

Hit $1 million in Net worth yesterday.

I include all investment accounts, taxable and retirement; and Real estate equity.
Accounts: $463k
RE equity: $539k (primary and 2 rentals)

I actually feel like I have less money and just want more and more now! I think because bigger things and experiences feel more attainable now!

We are 37 with two girls- 10 and 7
Eligible for military pension at 44. I’m proud of where we are!:)

Last edited:
Hit $1 million in Net worth yesterday.

I include all investment accounts, taxable and retirement; and Real estate equity.
Accounts: $463k
RE equity: $539k (primary and 2 rentals)

I actually feel like I have less money and just want more and more now! I think because bigger things and experiences feel more attainable now!

We are 37 with two girls- 10 and 7
Eligible for military pension at 44. I’m proud of where we are!:)

Way to go, what a great milestone!

Congratulations- That's a big one! It's nice to be able to tell someone about financial successes. I love that about this forum.

thanks! and yes, absolutely! even if it's with random strangers on the internet :)

some random thoughts, some probably obvious:
- $2m --> $3m was WAY easier than getting to $1m
- FIRE and $ isn't everything; re-focus on priorities
- Enjoy the ride and smell the roses

I have no idea when I hit milestones of 1,2 or 3 million. I never dwelled on it or even thought about it. I can say now, they come faster and easier with little effort and I know when I reach them now.

Last edited:
Thanks to the great education I received from Burton Malkiel - A Random Walk Down Wall Street back in the early 1980's, Roger Gibson - Asset Allocation- Balancing Financial Risk, and the smart people on this blog I retired in 2015 with $1.7M saved. Since then, I've taken an average 5.2% from retirement assets each year and my portfolio has increased to $2.05M. I'm confident that I am still within a SWR because I am delaying taking SS to age 70, I will inherit a private real estate partnership paying a monthly annuity-like disbursement, and maybe an additional $500K too (not counting on that). I feel very fortunate to be getting off personal health insurance (no ACA subsidy) in May and onto Medicare + PlanN, no mortgage and paying down a small HELOC, good health, happy marriage. And now I have to say kinehora twice to keep away the evil eye.

I have no idea when I hit milestones of 1,2 or 3 million. I never dwelled on it or even thought about it. I can say now, they come faster and easier with little effort and I know when I reach them now.

Me too! I always worked and planned to build wealth but never tracked it until FIRE was part of our dinner conversation.

I had a line of credit for my business and the lender required a personal financial statement every year, so I was forced into tracking my assets. I kept all those records. Looking back at them now is kind of fun.

Like mentioned above it feels good to tell someone of your financial gains but its not something to bring up with all of your friends. Anyway, our Fidelity account hit 3 million yesterday. It was the elusive number that I was trying to get to for what seems like an eternity. Now that I have made it seems a little anticlimactic. Hopefully I can start the FIRE process more comfortably now. Thanks to the forum for the knowledge I have attained here.

Like mentioned above it feels good to tell someone of your financial gains but its not something to bring up with all of your friends. Anyway, our Fidelity account hit 3 million yesterday. It was the elusive number that I was trying to get to for what seems like an eternity. Now that I have made it seems a little anticlimactic. Hopefully I can start the FIRE process more comfortably now. Thanks to the forum for the knowledge I have attained here.

Congratulations! $3 million. Wow. You are so right about not bringing up this particular kind of huge achievement with friends. I made that mistake once and learned quickly that it is just not helpful to friendships and becomes a barrier to them, unfortunately. You seem to have the importance of money put in its proper place.

Congratulations! $3 million. Wow. You are so right about not bringing up this particular kind of huge achievement with friends. I made that mistake once and learned quickly that it is just not helpful to friendships and becomes a barrier to them, unfortunately. You seem to have the importance of money put in its proper place.

+1
Made that mistake once and still hear about it. Never again, except the internet. lol

3 million- awesome!

My older brother asked me once how I could retire so early and did I really have enough money. So I told him how much we have. He got real quiet. So it’s hard to talk about financial success with your own family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom