Shiller - "We now have a Real Estate Bubble"......

Re: Shiller - "We now have a Real Estate Bubble"..

Saw that thread, probably should make a top ten of all time list on this board (Hey, someone should ask Dory to put the best threads into an archive hall of fame sub-section-if nothing else the same questions won't be asked over and over again). I'm not making early payments, I'd rather invest the money with such a nice low mortgage rate, but when the twenty years are up I'll just leave the house paid off-it's definitely a sleep better at night thing. :)

would you forgo maxing out in retirement accounts to pay off a 4.875% mortgage?
Paying of a 4.875% mortgage should be a criminal offense.

Mikey

Listened to an Interview with Robert Shiller for about an hour. He talked about the current real estate Bubble and likened it to the Tech Stock Bubble. He said that certain areas of the country are clearly overpriced and when the air comes out of them, It will be painful.

He said that real estate has all the classic symptoms of a bubble. - The can't lose mentality and making huge amounts of money.

He said that stocks are overvalued, but there is no bubble, because nobody likes stocks. There is not enough 'stupid money' being thrown at stocks. All the stupid money is going towards real estate.

I saw Shiller on a CNBC Town Hall about the real estate bubble a few days ago. The Bulls blew him out of the water, in my opinion. Granted, his performance on TV doesn't mean he's wrong, but the arguments he made were easily overcome by the other panelists.

Shiller needs to read Bernstein's Spring ed Efficient Frontier.

A real estate bubble going 'pop' doesn't seem anything near as bad as the stock version - except in certain minority instances.

Now of course my brother in law a mining engineer took his worst haircut in RE when the mine closed.

(Hey, someone should ask Dory to put the best threads into an archive hall of fame sub-section-if nothing else the same questions won't be asked over and over again).
I occasionally think about compiling a "best threads" list, but then I realize it's unpaid work and I have better things to do. :D I'm guessing others here come to the same conclusion whenver it crosses their minds.

Back
Top Bottom