Social Insecurity

Riiiiiight!

I have a 12 step program for those voices in my head. First step - do not take any job - even temp work - it's that first job that kills ER. I've forgotten what the other eleven steps are.

Plus I go to meetings - the informal old pharts at the dougnut shop - some have slipped, helped their kids out in their businesses and barely made it back to the old doughnut shop and the safety of retirement. Just say no - is sometimes difficult.

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh,

You will be pleased to know that I finally got my ss official statement yesterday. First check is next month. DW's ss check was raised to meet half of mine. There are some rewards for turning 62! ;)

Eagle43 said:
You will be pleased to know that I finally got my ss official statement yesterday. First check is next month. DW's ss check was raised to meet half of mine. There are some rewards for turning 62! ;)

Congrats! Did you ever work out the timing issues with your application for benefits vs. first SS check?

REW

Eagle43 said:
You will be pleased to know that I finally got my ss official statement yesterday.  First check is next month.  DW's ss check was raised to meet half of mine.  There are some rewards for turning 62!  ;)

you lucky guy! somehow I just figure that by the time I get to 62 they're going to raise the age to 64, by 64 ..... you get the idea.
good for you

Cut-Throat said:
So, Patrick how do you explain a CEO that goes into a company, drives it into the ground, screws over the stockholders and employees and all the while drawing a $10 Million paycheck.

I don't explain it, nor do I need to.  You have chosen a very rare example that is irrelevant to the posted topic, Social Security.  It is even irrelevant in the context of your initial reply to TromboneAl, who stated that Social Security would become a welfare plan:

"Yes, maybe.  But if that's done, we'll have a major, qualitative change in SS, because it changes the system to a welfare system.  With the cap in place, it's just a system in which we all contribute for our own retirement.  But if the cap is too high, then all of a sudden you have a system where wealthier people are paying for the retirement of poorer people."

;)

Patrick said:
You have chosen a very rare example that is irrelevant to the posted topic, Social Security.

Wow, a lot of people sure wish it was a very rare example...

REWahoo! said:
Congrats! Did you ever work out the timing issues with your application for benefits vs. first SS check?

REW
Well, it goes like this. I was 62 in May, but first month of eligibility is June and they pay a month in arrears. I have discussed this with other 62-year olds and they all have the same version. The official statement said exactly that: you will receive June's payment in July.

Now all I have to do is outlive the bastards (those at MegaCorp and the US Military). Let's see, if I live to be 100, that's a lot of checks.

Eagle43 said:
Well, it goes like this. I was 62 in May, but first month of eligibility is June and they pay a month in arrears. I have discussed this with other 62-year olds and they all have the same version. The official statement said exactly that: you will receive June's payment in July.

Then if I turn 62 in December it will be February before getting my first check. So you can't really start getting SS benefits until you are 62 1/6. ;)

Eagle43 said:
Now all I have to do is outlive the bastards (those at MegaCorp and the US Military). Let's see, if I live to be 100, that's a lot of checks.

Good luck! BTW, I'm guessing you were a pilot in the USAF. If so, what did you fly?

REW

Back
Top Bottom