Suze Orman opinions

Ron'Da said:
If it hasen't yet been noted, she worked as a waitress at the Buttercup Bakery in Berkeley, California from 1973-80. I'm sure that's where she learned about the "common folk ;) ". See:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15838016/

- Ron

I BET SHE WAS A MASTER-BAKER

I can see how she can be grating in large doses, but I like Suze for the most part. She pretty much does what she needs to do given the level of financial savvy that her callers display. My mom gave me one of her books as a gift and I got one great tip out of it that to me was worth the cost of the book (max out SAR-SEP and then do Roth rollovers, which I hadn't thought of at the time).

Haven't seen her in years, so I don't know the ratio of M/F callers.. If she's saying "dump him" she's probably quite often right. Many women are societally in a weaker position w/r/t money, and the last thing they need is to get ham-stringed when they're trying to get their financial house in order and achieve FI. Since one of the main reasons for divorce is conflicts over $$, why not make it clear that if both parties aren't on board, it ain't gonna work?

Have any of the dudes bashing Orman here been the same ones who've made similar statements about free-spending wives and girlfriends..?? :) If Suze had said "dump her", that'd've been excellent advice..

ladelfina said:
I can see how she can be grating in large doses, but I like Suze for the most part. She pretty much does what she needs to do given the level of financial savvy that her callers display. My mom gave me one of her books as a gift and I got one great tip out of it that to me was worth the cost of the book (max out SAR-SEP and then do Roth rollovers, which I hadn't thought of at the time).

Haven't seen her in years, so I don't know the ratio of M/F callers.. If she's saying "dump him" she's probably quite often right. Many women are societally in a weaker position w/r/t money, and the last thing they need is to get ham-stringed when they're trying to get their financial house in order and achieve FI. Since one of the main reasons for divorce is conflicts over $$, why not make it clear that if both parties aren't on board, it ain't gonna work?

Have any of the dudes bashing Orman here been the same ones who've made similar statements about free-spending wives and girlfriends..?? :) If Suze had said "dump her", that'd've been excellent advice..

She's pretty quick to make that assessment, she's got a quicker trigger than Jerry Springer at calling someone out.........:)

Then, of course, there's that whole "crystal thing" I have trouble getting over.......... :LOL: :LOL:

It's kind of like when my sister (divorced twice) was giving me MARRIAGE ADVICE....................... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

FinanceDude said:
It's kind of like when my sister (divorced twice) was giving me MARRIAGE ADVICE....................... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

makes a lot more sense to me than going to a priest or listening to the pope for marriage advice--can you think of anyone less qualified?

bosco said:
makes a lot more sense to me than going to a priest or listening to the pope for marriage advice--can you think of anyone less qualified?

You mean somebody who has helped hundreds if not thousands of couples can't offer help?

Go find a heart surgeon and ask him how many times he's had his heart replaced?

Let's not even get started on the family planning credibility.

saluki9 said:
Go find a heart surgeon and ask him how many times he's had his heart replaced?
Good analogy, but I bet that quite a few surgeons would be much more sensitive to the issues of patient dignity, patient treatment, and pain management if they'd been through their own diagnostic exams, tests, & operations.

Kinda like making business execs man their customer-service phones or even go shopping anonymously at their own retail outlets.

saluki9 said:
You mean somebody who has helped hundreds if not thousands of couples can't offer help?

help them do what?

i like her new segment called can i afford it... when this girl called up and said she wanted a watch, susie thought she said she wanted to watch and so suzie let her. ha ha ha

Back
Top Bottom