Taxes Done !

frayne

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Done, e-filed and accepted by the IRS this morning and I even had a day to spare.

My returns were done in March, but mailed them today. No local or state tax; owed~$500 to Uncle Sam. Income tax rate, 9.51%. Whew!

Filed last week. $0 federal taxes, $0 state taxes, $0 payroll taxes.

Same as Zedd but had to pay $300 of $589 ACA subsidy I ultimately wasn't entitled to because I had slightly larger income than estimated

i owed between the feds and the state 20k , to add insult to injury i sent in another 5k for my first quarter estimated tax, so 25 k flew out of my check book, glad its over, i still cry about it but its like taking a final exam just glad its over

i owed between the feds and the state 20k , to add insult to injury i sent in another 5k for my first quarter estimated tax, so 25 k flew out of my check book, glad its over, i still cry about it but its like taking a final exam just glad its over

Don't feel too bad! I got my $4,975 IRS refund back on February 11th. Oh happy day, one might think. :dance:

But since that time, I had to spend $4,800 on dental work. :banghead: So much for my big tax refund. Oh well, I have $175 left. :D

Mailed mine a week ago. Owed $11 to state, refund $11 from federal.

Good to be done.

I actually had mine done for awhile but have been waiting for corrected 1099s that sometimes show up. Since I e-filed this morning I'm sure I'll get a correct 1099 in the mail today. Also washed the car, mowed and trimmed. Pretty darn productive day for this slacker retiree.

Another "tax day" gone without having to file returns. Normally, I don't even think about it anymore, but I started collecting SS last year and had to sneak a peak to see if myself or the kiddies needed to file. Nope,back to living in Paradise!

Ours were done in Feb but my son (the one who is self employed and recently traveled to China to get married) had to ask for a corrected 1099 from one of the companies he works for. They agreed with his corrected amount and said they mailed him a corrected 1099 but he didn't get it. So for the first time he filed an extension. He paid his 2016 expected balance and his 2017 first quarterly estimate for Federal, will be due a refund from the state and also paid what he owes for the city, including the first estimated payment.

He was relieved to know that he now has plenty of time to get the corrected 1099 straightened out and will be ready to file as soon as he gets that.

When he was here we had some time to go over what he should look forward to for 2017 when he can file MFJ. Too bad it won't help him on that darn Self-Employment Tax!

I'm going in this morning to do a full day's worth of extensions for people through Tax Aide. I have come to understand why CPA and tax preparer's head to the bar and then vacation the next day.

I got my refund three weeks ago-it came very quickly.
0% Fed Rate, money back because of ACA, and I owed $1.00 to the state.
Was debating if I really needed to send in the buck, but decided to do it anyway
just to be safe!

how?

I got my refund three weeks ago-it came very quickly.
0% Fed Rate, money back because of ACA, and I owed $1.00 to the state.
Was debating if I really needed to send in the buck, but decided to do it anyway
just to be safe!

what kind of income did you have? share, i owed 20k, i had already paid 19k from my pension so i paid 39k , is it a low income? tax free bonds? rich relative, please share

I just dropped two checks in the mail. Had to pay a $15 penalty :mad:

Just finished my taxes and filed online. Got the federal acceptance within a few minutes and expect the state acceptance within the next day. I will be getting refunds from both state and federal so I will be watching the bank account.

IRS USATAXPYMT visited my savings account at 7:30 this morning, and pulled out two large sums!!!!

what kind of income did you have? share, i owed 20k, i had already paid 19k from my pension so i paid 39k , is it a low income? tax free bonds? rich relative, please share

Income from social security widow's benefits and rental properties. The SS benefits are not taxable and although I make a decent income from the rental properties, because of write offs and depreciation it almost zeros out the income on paper. I have 8 more years until I have to take RMDs, most of my money is in IRAs, and the little that is not doesn't throw off enough income to cause any tax consequences. Take the personal exemptionl and standard deduction, and it looks like I don't make money. In reality, of course I do.
I paid no taxes and actually got $1845 back because I over paid on my ACA insurance premiums.

Last edited:
I did 2015 and 2016 fed taxes for the eldest. Like pulling teeth, I say. But it went in the mail before tax day, and it was a large relief to get 2016 done on time. Many obstacles along the way, but a labor of love.

Back
Top Bottom