Thanks for the Solid USAA

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I know that this has been mentioned here before. but I still get the giggles whenever I receive a monthly statement from USAA that reads like this...

Balance on Last Statement.......................$680.10
Credit From Subscriber Acct SR Bonus........$328.45

Account Balance as of 03/18/2013.............$351.65

Could be one reason that a recent survey of USAA members indicate that 95% intend to be members for life.

30+ yrs and counting.
Not the best CS in the market if you don't live in a military town, but net cost can't be beat for same coverage.

37 years here. Although USAA does have issues now and then. In recent history they have been farming mortgages out to a select group of banks, which is what happened to my latest mortgage. So last year when GMAC went bankrupt, whom my mortgage was with, I emailed USAA asking about that, because once upon a time the claimed they didn't sell their mortgages. I received back some corporate double speak. My mortgage ended up with Green Tree. The whole episode left me not feeling very positive about USAA mortgages. I'm currently in the middle of refinancing through my credit union.

I've been a satisfied customer for 34 years.

Last edited:
coming up on 25 years. Not happy with them lately as they dropped me on home owners insurance when we moved (Florida). Maybe a good thing as they jacked up the rates on homeowners in Florida anyway. Personally, I think they are focused too much on growing the company vs providing real value anymore.

They put the restriction on Florida in 2007.

According to USAA, over the past 10 years, the company has paid approximately $220 million more in Florida homeowner insurance losses and expenses than it has collected in premiums. Florida property policyholders account for 49 percent of USAA’s exposure to natural disaster risk, yet make up only 9 percent of policyholders, who pay 12 percent of USAA’s property insurance premiums.

is it true you have to be military or ex-military to sign up with usaa?

Back
Top Bottom